Snow Leopard doesn't boot on AMD E350 Laptop

20 posts in this topic

Hi everybody !

I just try to install Mac OS X Snow Leopard (From Hazard, so with many patches for AMD processor) on my Compaq Presario CQ57-301SF Notebook but when I start from the DVD it shows the boot loader, then when I press ENTER it loads for 5 secondes and it reboots. I try many boot options but it didn't work. I found this :

(it is in russian so I don't understand, thank Google traduction ;). It's the same processor but there's no link or no explanations :/. I'm looking for a solution ...

Thanks for your help

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Boot only with Enter or stay for DVD boot..This DVD Hazard is a too old,maybe 10.6.1,try with distro 10.6.6i ISO

10.6.1 DVD dont have supportet kernel for AMD,need to restore DVD on stik 8gb and replace mach_kernel with legacy,or try 10.6.6i distro... :wink2:

OK thanks for reply but downloading 10.6.6i take one day so I prefer change kernel. With which software (and which operating system) can I edit HFS+ ? (Maybe with OS X installed in VirtualBox ?) But I tested my DVD on an AMD computer (Athlon X2) and it works great ...

downloading 10.6.6i take one day....... :worried_anim:

My Hackintosh losses me 3 Years.....but run like sharm.. :wink2:

OK thanks for reply. I found this : http://www.mediafire...dky62omt7gqbegs I downloaded and it appear to be a boot loader but i want to :

* Install it to my USB key (8GB) but it needs to be bootable

* Start from it and then start the installation from my DVD

Is it possible ? I think so but not sure

EDIT : In the Extra folder, you can find the file "Preboot.dmg". I think it is a complete boot loader with kernel compatible with E350 processor. What do you thing about that ?

restore on USB,and you have acess every time inside usb stik,delete,copy..rename :wink2:

Haaaaaa..........

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

Mount ISO on Mac with Disk Utility

mount-iso-mac.JPG

You can mount ISO images in Mac OS X by using Disk Utility, located in the /Applications/Utilities/ directory. After you have launched Disk Utility, navigate from the Disk Utility menu down to “Open Image File” and select your ISO file. The ISO should now appear mounted on the Mac OS desktop. Yes, this works for other disk image files too (dmg, img, etc).

Mount ISO with Mac OS X command line

In the Terminal type the following command: hdiutil mount sample.iso with sample.iso being the path to the image you want to mount. After the checksum is completet, your ISO will appear mounted on your Mac OS X desktop – that’s it. You you can actually mount virtually any other disk image type with hdiutil as well, so give .dmg .img a try too.

AND AFTER RESTORED IN USB STIK FORMATED FAT/MBR

Hei man you see how-Open Hazard ISO on Desktop and see empty disk

Open Diskutiliti and click on Hazard and restore,Drag your USB partition to Destination....

:thumbsup_anim: PPF is this- PlayStation Patch File :thumbsup_anim:

Ok but i have a problem when i restore it shows : "Restore Failure

Could not find any scans information. The source image needs to be imagescanned before it can be restored."

What I forgot to do ?

I mounted the image and it works. (Not only drag to Disk Utility)

Copying 42 min left U_U

Doesn't start. Still black screen and go to windows boot loader. Tested from Plop Boot loader and same thing. I have no DVD to write iso on. DVD start fine on VirtualBox ... Another solution to start from this ISO without DVD?

EDIT : In VirtualBox, stay at apple logo, in verbose mode stay at Starting Darwinx86 ... and then black screen