NO FREEZE WITH INVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD
As described here, the typical random freeze of the 460m GTX due to bad driver (and bad driver AppleIntelGraphics power management) is solved in the DP4 ML release.I did some benchmarks.. and I confirm.
STORY OF THE 1st POST:
EDIT: a new prototype for the setup! http://www.insanelym...38;fromsearch=1
EDIT: test AICPM patch with this http://olarila.com/f...84699e7544fcd16
EDIT: ML GM is slow at boot.. testing this with this
EDIT: Audio is working with AppleHDA patched
EDIT: Good sensors tested with fakesmc. Tested 5 kind only one give no KP at boot and is here
EDIT: Added the external resources to run BT Coexistence algorythm but search for testers!!!!
EDIT: Added SSDT Table but not perfect resume!
06/12/12 : thanks to other 3D http://www.insanelym...l-1082-install/I've merged the 1st post with my smbios and dsdt and I have:-sleep/wake-usb3-backlit keyb
WHAT NEVER RUN: reader card
WHAT IS STILL TO DO: try to enhance the usb remount after the wake.. // enable the audio after the wake // enable the lid funcions
ATTENTION: I have a modded bios.. but you can run it OOTB also with the original one
THE PREPARING GUIDE:
The guide is good for DP4 and Above BUT to have a SLEEP&WAKE must upgrade 10.8.2
- DMG (original)
- USB pen (8gb at min)
- a good MAC/HACK
- the mytical Mountain Lionize superscript by ErmaC
- the bootloader ErmaC ONLY 2064 !!!!!
- a drive for the target setup
- Read and apply 1 point of the guide http://www.insanelym...ionize&st=0
- After a while you have the USB!
- Reboot on the USB pen
- ATTENTION: that guide only prepare the USB to install ML but doesn't commit changes in the setup procedure.
- If you want to alter the setup for example to bypass CPU/RAM detection ot the partition scheme of the target drive.. you must follow another guide or DIY thosechanges.
- Follow the setupReboot on the previous mac and attach the installed HDD drive (i prefer to use an usb drive)
- Apply the Bootloader on the newer tatget drive
- PUT the needed basicly kexts on the Extra/Extension folder of the target drive (FakeSmc.kext and NullCPupowermanagement.kext) no need to run this
If you want to enjoy quickly.. reboot
If not.. put the DSDT taken from below or from my LION guide (see 1st row of this 3D), and reboot
TO RUN OOTB WITH BASIC FUNCTIONS:
Apply 10.8.2 regular UpdateApply an SMBIOS from 5,1 MacPro to run the latest invidia graphics updateApply the attachment : What you can put on the S/L/E but is not needed:
- Sensors (attachments included in the FAKESMC plugins)
- AppleHDA patched (Attachments)
- AppleACPI from older mac to see the right battery icon (Attachments)
- APPLY the AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement Patches (or use kext from the net but only for the same processor you've in your lappie or use mine)
- The OVERRIDE Display Asus patch (Attachments-> copy as is in the folder structure)
- Patch AppleIntelGpuPowerManagement to fit with MBpro8,2 device card (or use mine)
- Apply SSDT aml (attachments)
REMEMBER YOU ENABLE TRIM AFTER ALL IF YOU HAVE SSD Drive
THE LATEST STEPS:
BLUE PILLS: If you never want to MOD your LAPTOP:
Apply the attachment taken from the g74 ootb thread http://www.insanelym...l-1082-install/but take mine attachment because AppleHDA, Appleintelgpupowermanagement, smbios.plist are different!!
RED PILLS: If you want to MOD the hardware:
the Delock USB 4.0 has the SAME chipset Broadcom mounted in the newer Iphone and MBPro 2012-Open the chassis-Discover the PCIexpress expansion slots in the right middle area (I started from this guide) and solder with calm and a smaller solderpen the 36 and 38 pin of the board connector.
Take over the +5v and the ground from another usb pcb pads and you have the 4 terminals for a news USB host device. Buy the DELOCk USB4.0 (yes it's 4.0 usb!!!)
Disassembly the Delock USB and solder in those terminals As I did