Change No Service into AT&T with signal bars?

iHackint0sh

12 posts in this topic

I have not purchased service yet for my iPhone 4 that is running 5.1.1 (jailbroken) so it displays no service.

Would it be possible to change that no service into at&t or verizon or T-mobile with signal bars and/or the 3G logo?

Thank you

in Cydia, type Verizon into the search page and you should get a couple possible fixes. Can do AT&T too since your just looking for files to mod that part of the status bar the name of the carrier don't matter too much

or, in SBsettings go to "more settings" then System Options and change there. Custom carrier (makeitmine), delete carrier name, etc

in Cydia, type Verizon into the search page and you should get a couple possible fixes. Can do AT&T too since your just looking for files to mod that part of the status bar the name of the carrier don't matter too much

or, in SBsettings go to "more settings" then System Options and change there. Custom carrier (makeitmine), delete carrier name, etc

If I did use makitmine or fakecarrier I don't get signal bars and when I use the verizon logo with bars it doesn't even edit it at all.

why you trying to fake the bars? you could dive into the file system and find the images for the "bars gui" and replace the no signal and low signal images with the full bars image renamed to match the previous files

why you trying to fake the bars? you could dive into the file system and find the images for the "bars gui" and replace the no signal and low signal images with the full bars image renamed to match the previous files

I have no idea how to do that. I know how to edit the no service/ no sim into other names but how would I add an image to the status bar?

I know where the bars are but I need some help on doing it.

In the springboard.strings it shows the No_sim and Searching and No_service can I put a picture for those?

I've only done it in OSX, where for example for wifi there are like five different pdf or tiff files all of which are images of the different signal states, so wifi-1.pdf would be with one bar, wifi-2.pdg is two bars, etc. in which case you would make 5 duplicates of the full signal image (wifi-4.png) and rename them to match the others and replace the others with them too. So when system thinks its putting up a 1 bar image the actual picture is a full bar image. As to where the UI elements in IOS are hidden away I don't know, sometimes for certain UI elements OSX will use artfile.bin and sartfile.bin files which are compressed image bundles that need to be decompiled, but does not use them for the menubar images. Hopefully ios is the same way.

• Like 1

I've only done it in OSX, where for example for wifi there are like five different pdf or tiff files all of which are images of the different signal states, so wifi-1.pdf would be with one bar, wifi-2.pdg is two bars, etc. in which case you would make 5 duplicates of the full signal image (wifi-4.png) and rename them to match the others and replace the others with them too. So when system thinks its putting up a 1 bar image the actual picture is a full bar image. As to where the UI elements in IOS are hidden away I don't know, sometimes for certain UI elements OSX will use artfile.bin and sartfile.bin files which are compressed image bundles that need to be decompiled, but does not use them for the menubar images. Hopefully ios is the same way.

Yea I know what you are saying, I created my own theme now that replaces the Black_0_wifibars.png with an at&t 3g. Problem is, it doesn't always stay equpped when in apps like cydia and will return to the wifi bars