AMD dual graphics 6950 supported

nmano

95 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Ive had alot of succes just by installing the 7 kexts from manors post, and deleting AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext + GE=YES

The resolution is as it should be but the hardware acceleration dosent work. The launcher and other stuff lag :(

What should i do? Belov is a screenshot of what i got so far. Thank you for the help

2q0k32c.png

aljazudovic: You need another card that work oob to init Desktop first ( I'm using HD 3000 ), then you can switch back to 6950 and it will work.

Not by this kexts, the other one made by Oleg_Tr in netkas forum.

Thank you jayee!

What if i try with a fresh install of lion 10.7.4 and follow the steps in this thread? Will it work then?

It will. If you need any help with 10.7.4 then just post your ioreg | grep ATY ( in terminal ), I probably will be able to help out.

finally 10.8 worked.

big thanks to netkas and oleg_Tr

my dual 2x6950

1st slot -hdmi

2nd slot-mini display

bios setting primary boot first intuit 2nd slot and I set also dsdt with dual graphics.

then just boot with this kexts fine.

my 1st card Link Width: x16

2nd card Link Width: x8

maybe thats why i set primary boot 2nd slot because first one x16 with hdmi worked fine.

thanks again netkas and oleg_Tr patch kexts.

its boom for ML10.8 ATY_Init.kext

just install this kext too

thanks netkas.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bj331bgub7fnzxv

http://www.mediafire...1xefmboxrt8y5cp

this is 10.8 ori kexts.

http://www.mediafire...r9nx9um0aczw1sq

post-413859-0-23534800-1344235211_thumb.png

post-413859-0-74696600-1344235218_thumb.png

post-413859-0-61500900-1344235224_thumb.png

post-413859-0-07344900-1344235231_thumb.png

2 graphics card slot-1/-2 intit set mirroring after boot 6950.

Finally Work for me, i used the modified DSDT and patched kexts by Oleg_Tr.

Can you please elaborate. Did you remove the existing ATY_init.kext?

How did you installd the DSDT and kexts?

I have a 6950 and ML in a VM under windows. I tried ###### but all I get is a kernal panic during boot.

Shameless.

Can you please elaborate. Did you remove the existing ATY_init.kext?

How did you installd the DSDT and kexts?

I have a 6950 and ML in a VM under windows. I tried ###### but all I get is a kernal panic during boot.

Shameless.

VMs don't allow direct access to the actual graphics hardware, they have a custom driver that converts graphics operations in the guest OS to something the underlying OS drivers can handle.

What the real hardware happens to be is totally irellevant to the guest OS and it cannot find out what it is anyway. As far as I can remember ATY_init is for enabling recognition of ATI/AMD and

Nvidia hardware and as such absolutely useless under a VM.

VMs don't allow direct access to the actual graphics hardware,

Sorry to be clear, I'm only using the VM to prep the USB installer (and it works great for that), I have another drive I'm using for OSX for and that is what I am having problems getting to work.

Shameless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be a jerk here, but is there any one that speaks english as a native language able to get it working? If so, could you write a step by step guide on how it was achieved with preferably say:

A) 1x6950/6970 1xHD3000 (since a lot more people have this combo than the following)

B) 2x6950/6970's

I personally run option (A) but could potentially figure out the steps and rewrite it if someone gave clear cut instructions from start to finish instead of a semi jibberish post (again no offense as english isn't your primary language buddy!) Furthermore the downloads are very mismanaged and all over the place, it wouldn't take much effort to clean them up into two downloads only, one for 10.7 and one for 10.8 with appropriately labeled folders in them that say "Step 1" then "Step 2" with kexts or what have you for each step in that folder!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm trying to go with the HD6950 video card on my ML compoter in signature, I read your topic but I did not understand much, would you be so kind as to explain how to do (Sorry for my english but unfortunately I speak Italian)

Hello everyone, I'm trying to go with the HD6950 video card on my ML compoter in signature, I read your topic but I did not understand much, would you be so kind as to explain how to do (Sorry for my english but unfortunately I speak Italian)

Hi i'm also italian, 6950 work for me with HD2500 set as primary gpu.

Basically run the boot with an intel HD (HD2000/2500/3000/4000 are fine) set as primary card by bios after the login screen unplug cable from intel HD and switch to 6950. In addition to this must be injected also a custom DSDT for the correct recognition of the card.

zway6g.png

But now I've changed my video card so I can not help more.

Attached the DSDT code to add.

dsdt_ATY@Gibba.txt

But now I've changed my video card so I can not help more.

Please post a IOreg.

i switched to Radeon HD 7870 but i saved an old IOREG

localhost:~ unkonown$ ioreg | grep ATY
   | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d5, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5489 ms), retain 8>
   | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d6, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>
   | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d7, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>
   | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d8, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>
   | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@4  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002d9, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (0 ms), retain 8>

how did you make running this board with mountain, which kext you used

thanks

I used the DSDT injection and nothing else.