install Mac os x lion on Master Boot Record (mbr) partition format

mac.hp.pc

10 posts in this topic

hi i have install snow leopard 10.6.3 (iatkos s3 v2) on my hp dv6-2155ee laptop fully working with Ethernet, trackpad, sound and display(no WiFi, Bluetooth and the USB port can't read USB drive) . I try to install iatkos l2 on my computer but fail because of disk sector error so i use Niresh12495-lion. When i have to select the hard drive for the installation it said i need to format the Hard drive to GUID partition table (GPT). Do anyone know how to change mbr to gpt partition scheme without losing any data???? If i can't change the scheme, can i install window 7 on GPT partition scheme??????????

If you follow almost any of the Lion install guides here using retail method, they include patched OSInstall.mpkg which allows install on MBR, but with the distro your using I have no clue.

Thank for replying. :king: I heard some other website said it is possible thought a process of cloning a Hard Drive to another Hard Drive but i have to buy another Hard Drive. :(

If it's not full, you should be able to shrink the existing partition to make room another partition to install OSX on. Windows diskutility that is hidden away in the administrator tools section should be able to do this part fine, then from Diskutility in the OSX installer make your hfs+ partition to instal lion on, just don't delete the windows bootloader/recovery partition. Again follow the retail install guides here cause not sure what Niresh12495-lion will or can do, or anyone who has ever used it, but installing to MBR is doable with the right installer.

I just burn the iATKOS on a different DVD and it work. I don't know why but it work. :worried_anim: I did make a hfs partition for mac lion but on the menu for the partition after i selected the hfs partition it's telling me i have to change the partition scheme.

what menu? Is this in disk utility or the installer's menu where you choose what drive you want to install OSX onto?

directions for what your doing are here http://iatkosfordummies.blogspot.com/2011/12/multiboot-with-iatkos-l2-lion-1072.html (that just happened to be the site, not implying anything :) )

well if mbr support is not included in iaktos, the modified osinstall.mpkg to enable it is linked on just about every installation tutorial on this site. Be sure any pre-formatting you do to the HD was done in the OSX disk utility which can be accessed from the installer under the "utilities" menubar menu

• 3 months later...