MSI H67A-G43 and DSDTs, Also Graphics

johncrist1988

1 post in this topic

Greetings, everyone, and thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

I have a MSI H67A-G43 motherboard. I can install OS X and patch to 10.7.4 just fine, and using kexts I can get everything running. I suspect that by patching my DSDT I will be able to more cleanly utilize everything I have, and thus my adventure into DSDT patching.

I've never patched a DSDT before, though through Google and browsing the forums here I've gathered an idea of how it works and why it is the preferred method of handling things. My question concerns the model of my motherboard, the MSI H67A-G43.

My first question concerns my motherboard in particular and the differences between the MSI H67A-G43 and the P67A-643. They seem identical to me at first glance, save for the model number. Are they identical? Is there a difference? Google searching has netted no useful information.

Secondly, I was unable to find any DSDT patches for either the H-series or P-series 67A-G43. How are DSDT patches made, and is this something I am able to do myself and upload to the community? What kind of tribulations are involved?

Lastly, I am using a GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked from EVGA. I've noticed that my graphics are usually fluid until I open up Mission Control or go to look at my apps, opening a drawer thusly causing a lot of lag. I would suspect that my graphics card is very much powerful enough to handle these things, and the drop in FPS surprises me. Is there something else I can be doing to improve this situation? My FPS in games such as EVE Online is also astoundingly low, from 300+ FPS in Windows to ~20 in OS X.

Other than that, everything runs amazingly well. If I can get around these two topics of interest I think I'll be set for some time to come.

Thank you all in advance!

EDIT: Also, of note, I'm reading http://www.tonymacx8...p?f=168&t=34494 and I see here he uses the GeForce DP4 driver bundle. I don't know what that is, but according to him his FPS issues were resolved through that. He uses an 8800 series card, where as I use the GTX 560 SC. Does anyone know if that may have an affect on my FPS issue? Again, I don't really know what the DP4 bundle is.

EDIT 2: I did happen across this as well, http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34494 -- I'll have to try that out to see how it goes. Will the DP4 bundle still be important? I'm still unsure what the DP4 bundle IS.

Some more research (amazing how posting a thread makes you research things more deeply in the mean time) thew up this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/285747-30-choosing-chipset-2600k

Evidently they are the same exact board, but the H series doesn't support overclocking and the P series doesn't support integrated graphics. So ultimately I'm guessing they're the same?

Edited by johncrist1988