OSx Tiger on Pentium 4 1.8ghz, Intel 915GM 128mb, 1 GB ram.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

grimsonfart

grimsonfart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey. I want to try to install OSx Tiger on my old Acer TravelMate 4070, so my questions are:

Will it actually work? Will it run smooth?

If it will, do i need a heavily modded? and what version, like Hazard, iAtkos, iPC etc? What kext's, bootloaders should i use?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
You don't want Tiger...it's obsolete by now and support is minimal. Believe it or not, you can run Snow Leopard; to install Snow Leopard, get a retail Snow Leopard DVD and follow the guide in my signature. :)

grimsonfart

grimsonfart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Iv heard alot of talk about that, but also that snow leopard will not run well on only 1 GB ram. Anyways, i might try though :)

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
You're not going to get workstation speed, but I've found Snow Leopard to run at a reliable speed with 1GB and a P4. :)

grimsonfart

grimsonfart

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Good news :D

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,064 posts
1GB RAM is fine.

Generally, laptops are much harder to hack than desktops, the whole power management part is usually a pain, battery life, heat problems, wake/sleep when opening/closing the lid etc.

I've deleted your redundant quotes, please don't quote entire posts when replying directly below them, it's just garbage text to scroll past and it destroys readability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy