Install went fine, then I made it FUBAR

seanyseansean

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

First time poster, long time lurker. Hello :)

I installed my Hackintosh using 2 usb sticks. I used iatkos (is that okay to be mentioned?) but have a paid-for copy of OSX.

Everything worked fine apart from fan speed control, some minor keyboard stupidity (Logitech Unifying), HDMI audio and a couple of other bits. I did have to disable graphicsenabler, but acceleration was fine, etc etc.

Being an idiot I installed the ATI6000Controller.kext in an attempt to fix the HDMI audio. I now have VGA unaccelerated graphics. I uninstalled the kext, but still no dice.

Is it possible to restore the original graphics configuration from Time Machine? Booting with the ALT key doesn't get me into what I assume is the equivalent of system restore. I've not altered any DSDT tables or anything else.

Thanks,

Sean

p.s. this is my system report. Do you need anything else to help me? I'm fine on the command line (my day job is a Linux / Network admin)

systemreport.txt

after removing kext did your rebuild the kernel cache? if not it could still be loading cached version, booting with -f should bypass it and reload kexts. you can navigate into time machine folders and copy/restore kexts to desktop and then reinstall using kext wizard. repair permissions and rebuild cache with kext wizard when ur done