[NEED HELP] How to enable Atheros AR9285 Wireless adapter?

Atheros AR9285

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

blitzy31

blitzy31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Technology, Sport, Apple products XD
Hello, I'm relatively new to the forums here.. well actually I have browsed quite a bit to find some answers to my iAtkos problems hehe.
Anyway I have a Lenovo G570 and I have successfully installed iAtkos L2 10.7.2 and have enabled pretty much everything.. even the dam Bluetooth works which I never use -.- but I cannot seem to get my Wireless adapter to work (Atheros AR9285).
I've scoured the web over and over and I have installed many kexts using kextutility but after every reboot it just does not seem to detect that wireless card even exists...
So I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this issue, since no WiFi on a laptop can be quite irritating. ;-)
Thanks.

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
try the "IO80211family" kext in the attachment of the following post:
http://www.insanelym...l=&fromsearch=1

blitzy31

blitzy31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've installed the kext you've said and I still don't have a wireless adapter.. apparently -.-

I really want to give you some more info on my situation here but im seriously running out of ideas.. literally every kext I have tried has had no effect at all with my wireless card, maybe some other kext is interfering with the 'IO80211family.kext'???? i dont know im just spit balling but i really want this problem solved lol

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
May sound daft but have you checked it is actually an

Atheros AR9285. Whats your device id's for it?

Use this if your not sure how to get them:

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=219584

blitzy31

blitzy31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
oh man .. i just realised as i was fiddling with the wifi switch on the laptop that when i turn it off the "Bluetooth" would turn off aswell in the top right corner (the icon lol)...
could this mean its detecting my wireless card as a bluetooth adapter for some spastic reason?

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
No, my lenovo z370 does this as well.

If fact on os x the switch at the front only seems to control bluetooth rather than wi-fi on mine

blitzy31

blitzy31

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok cool I've just realised another thing and i feel like the biggest noob in the world right now, I actually do not have an atheros AR9285 .. i do in fact though have the incompatible Broadcom 4313 Wireless Card. So yeh... thanks for the help though, I will know exactly what to do when my new Atheros AR9285 arrives from Hong Kong.

Man, I feel like the biggest douche right now lol

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• FAQ Team
  • 394 posts
haha, no problem.

The broadcom chipsets were used by dell and fitted to real mac books, quite a few are supported. Could be worth searching Google to try to find a driver if your keen to get it going before your ar9285 turns up

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atheros AR9285

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy