• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

reactivate

reactivate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have been trying for a very long time now to get wireless working on this Compaq CQ60 notebook. I have searched google for ath9k (Atheros) kext to install on my system but only find a linux version instead of os x kext.

Is there a kext for this atheros chip or does anyone have a similar notebook they have made work with another solution? I would appreciate any help, advice or turn in the right direction. I have posted in other forums only to be ignored on this one question. The notebook works great with 10.6.8 snow leopard and wireless is the only non functioning piece.

I also tried a USB Netgear Wireless adapter (Wireless N150) but the system did not detect it. I had hoped that since USB devices are detected, that it would detect it but it didn't work either. Is there a wireless USB device that is a solution, and maybe this particular one just did not work?

This is the info I have in system profiler:

airport utility: 5.5.3 (553.20)
IO80211 family: 3.2 (320.1)

In the network tab in system profiler the only active services are ethernet but no wireless. If there's any other info that I should supply please let me know and I will.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy