ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 DSDT Help

raistlin444

5 posts in this topic

Okay guys, I've had much success in getting my Hackintosh to work thanks to all the work here and on Tonymacx86. However there is one thing I cannot get to work no matter what I do is sleep, and I've tried everything I know to do. I've been following this topic to get it done but it seems to be for other iterations of the ASRock Z68 chipset series and sadly not the Extreme3 Gen3.

This is a great board and I know plenty of people who have it due to the price / features.

At any rate, components:

GPU: nVidia 550 Ti 1.5gb (Works great, fully supported now)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 (no K, I kinda regret it, but I was on a budget)

Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Bios Rev. 1.30

I'm using the latest Chimera bootloader, 1.9.

Going to sleep works fine, and it stays asleep, waking up is the problem. Since the update to Chimera 1.9 it'll actually takes me back to the desktop upon waking but it freezes immediately.

probing syslog via "syslog | grep -i "Wake reason"" gives wake reason: eusb.

Uploading my DSDT

Any ideas guys? I truly appreciate all the help I've received through this forum!

dsdt.dsl.zip

hmm, whats the purpose of this kext? It looks like its used to fix stutter when using more than one core..I'll be more than happy to try it though, currently backing up.

Will update with the results.

Still same issues, did not see any improvement. Thank you though!

hmm, whats the purpose of this kext? It looks like its used to fix stutter when using more than one core..I'll be more than happy to try it though, currently backing up.

Will update with the results.

Still same issues, did not see any improvement. Thank you though!

Hi if you boot with cpus=1 and sleep/wake work fine ,may be you have similar problem lake

I had (have) with asrock z68 pro3.Also you can check in kernel log is there strings like this

Wake reason: ethernet EUSB (Network)

Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 1: 0x00000000e276e3a7, delta 0x9856ea17

Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 2: 0x00000000e2af3efc, delta 0x9856ea35

Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 3: 0x00000000e2e7ded7, delta 0x9856ea03

VoodooTSCSync.kext helps to solve wake problem in Lion,but I couldn't find version for Snow Leopard.

You can try attached dsdt.aml with all patches I use in mine.

ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3.zip

• Like 1