Removing GTX 5XX Enabler (which files to rm?)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

iamnotachoice

iamnotachoice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Guys!

My hackie ran good with a NVIDIA GTX 560, though I got myself a Radeon for running 3D apps, which are still slow and often crashing with the gtx (chess ran smooth though ;)

For this I need to remove all the GTX Enabler stuff from my hackie but am not sure of which kext files actually belong to the GTX enabler (and what other stuff?). Also, I am not sure about what to change in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist - do I still need the kernel flags npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=1, and what about the GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

I have a 10.7.3 on an ASUS P8H61-M LE USB 3.0 with an i7 2600 running with E.Beast, U.Beast installation, and some other kexts for LAN and Audio. The old video card is a NVIDIA GTX 560 (bulk, by Point of View Graphics) which I could run with GTX 5XX Enabler 10.7.3 + CUDADriver.pkg (4.0.21)
QE/CI: working 100%, Final Cut Pro X Hardware Acceleration working just fine, but 3D apps will crash after a while. Thats why the Radeon..

Thanks already for any helpful reply!

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
Look for something like Natit.kext or NVEnabler.kext and I've never heard of GTX 5XX Enabler, but look for that too.

iamnotachoice

iamnotachoice

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the response!

NVEnabler.kext and Natit.kext are not in my s/l/e directory but maybe I can ask more precisely: Can someone confirm, that

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext
- NVDANV40HalG7xxx.kext
- NVDANV50Hal.kext
- NVDAResmanG7xxx.kext
- NVSMU.kext

do in fact belong to the GTX 5XX Enabler? Maybe simply just by someone with a Radeon card checking if he/she has these files in the s/l/e?

And maybe someone knows what other modifications this enabler performs!

Thanks already!

Graebags

Graebags

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
If you haven't already done it, you might change the GraphicsEnabler string in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist to "No".

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 591 posts
No need to remove anything just swap cards.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

- NVDAGF100Hal.kext
- NVDANV40HalG7xxx.kext
- NVDANV50Hal.kext
- NVDAResmanG7xxx.kext
- NVSMU.kext

Those are standard Nvidia driver files that come with every Apple installation.

Don't forget to look in /Extra/Extensions

OK-Update….I found a copy of the enabler package. Besides replacing all of the /S/L/E/ GeForce and NV files with different versions, it also installs an enabler ATY_Init.kext in /S/L/E/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy