About.me Releases iPhone app. Needs a lot of work.

madhur

1 post in this topic

About.me is a brilliant service that lets you create a single page, that tells people about you and your interests. All you have to do is, upload a decent picture, write a bio and link to your social networks. The idea is to have a beautiful page, on the internet where people can know more about you.

About.me has released a free iPhone app. Users can now create, edit and maintain their About.me page right from their phone.

When you first run the app, you will be asked to either login or signup. If you are a new user of About.me, you will be asked to enter some basic details and chose a background image or upload your own. If you’re an existing user of About.me, it will automatically gather all your information. You will be then taken to your About.me page.

The app features tabs at the bottom. There are five tabs – Featured, Favorites, Who’s Nearby, Me, and Settings. The featured tab is a great way to get ideas, about what to put into your About.me profile. If you know other About.me users, you can add them to your favorites list, or you could discover them in the Who’s Nearby tab. The me tab displays your own profile however you cannot edit much here, which we think is stupid, you must go into Settings tab to edit your profile!

Pros -

Ability to Create an About.me profile from your phone.

Ability to discover and track other About.me profiles.

Good overall Design.

Cons -

Still lacks many features of the web version.

About.me profiles should be editable from within the me tab.

Doesn’t support customization of the Appearance if you are an existing user.

Via - All Things Apple