iAtkos L2 Won't boot?!

13 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm trying to install iAtkos L2 on my pc,

It just sticks on the Apple logo with the spinning wheel,

I've tried PCIRootUID=1 -x -v and it sticks at "Mac Framework Successfully..."

But still nothing? I've also tried it with "...UID=0" instead of the above and I've

tried with no flags. It just won't boot!

I can boot my Snow Leopard DVD and install it, but after ###### - Nothing.

It just fails to boot completely! (I'm using the correct DSDT too!)

My specs are:

Asus P5GC-MX/1333

Intel Pentium E5300 2 Cores@2.6GHZ

2GB Ram

PNY NVidia 8400GS 512mb

blah blah...

Does anyone have any ideas what flags I could use to boot and install Lion?

Really sick of Windows and Snow Leopard doesn't work

Thanks,

Jamie.

:star_sunglasses:

Try booting with

-v -f cpus=2 busratio= 13You say Sl doesn't work, how doesn't it work?

Going to try that now, Thanks!

Snow Leopard boots and installs perfect, then when I install the Combo update and run ###### it fails to boot and KP's all the time

Have you tried the retail osx install method or are you using a distro?

I've found that after a distribution gets update to 10.6.8, it almost never boots properly.

Boor with the -x flag (safe mode) and re run mult ibeast.. Whenever you run that program, be sure to check the repair permissions and repair cache check boxes.

Try booting with

-v -f cpus=2 busratio= 13You say Sl doesn't work, how doesn't it work?

Just tried that, Didn't work :(

http://oi40.tinypic.com/dcel4k.jpg This is the message it stops at :(

Yeah, Snow Leopard doesn't work at all, It installs fine then after the combo update and ###### it doesn't boot :(

Thanks anyway! Anyone else got any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jamie.

Have you tried the retail osx install method or are you using a distro?

I've found that after a distribution gets update to 10.6.8, it almost never boots properly.

Boor with the -x flag (safe mode) and re run mult ibeast.. Whenever you run that program, be sure to check the repair permissions and repair cache check boxes.

Sorry, Didn't see your post, Yeah I'm using a retail Snow Leopard CD from a family members Mac,

I have to boot with the -x safe boot flag anyway to get it to boot otherwise it doesn't detect my keyboard or mouse (I have Legacy USB mode disabled too)

I'll have to try and remember which flag I used to boot Snow Leopard :)

If you have legacy USB disabled, I'd highly suggest getting a hold of a ps2 keyboard. Would help a lot lol

That being said, you now can't even get sl to boot? and you've been able to before? Have you changed any hardware since your last attempt? Or any bios settings?

You might also try booting into 32 bit mode with arch=i386

Also, how long do you let it sit at that screen you showed? One if the best things you can do with osx86 it's have patience lol.

When I try to install any os other than Windows I always use a USB > PS/2 adapter anyways :)

Nope, SL won't boot at all. I haven't changed anything from the last install, Apart from remove the partition on my 2nd drive which it was on :)

The only hardware difference I can think is of is minor, I unplugged my external drive last night because it's away for repair haha.

I'll try that in 15 minutes, have to scan some stuff for my sister. I wait for ages! 10 minutes most times or I just leave it altogether for periods of up to 30 mins

Not sure how compatible the Pentium D family of processors is with sl, let alone lion, but since you say you're installed 10.6.3 before, so here are the basic settings in your boss that are important for booting into it at all

BIOS settings :

- Onboard IDE Operate Mode : Enhanced Mode

- Suspend Mode : S3 only

- USB Function : Enabled. Legacy USB Support : Disabled ( which makes wake up from sleep working).

- USB 2.0 Controller : Enabled.

Otherwise, try, next time you're booting into sl, these flags.

-f -v CPUs=1 busratio=13 arch=i386

That processors bus ratio is 13, so if it can't boot with that, then try the safe mode flash as well. Then after that, add

Graphicsenabler=n

Not sure how compatible the Pentium D family of processors is with sl, let alone lion, but since you say you're installed 10.6.3 before, so here are the basic settings in your boss that are important for booting into it at all

BIOS settings :

- Onboard IDE Operate Mode : Enhanced Mode

- Suspend Mode : S3 only

- USB Function : Enabled. Legacy USB Support : Disabled ( which makes wake up from sleep working).

- USB 2.0 Controller : Enabled.

Otherwise, try, next time you're booting into sl, these flags.

-f -v CPUs=1 busratio=13 arch=i386

That processors bus ratio is 13, so if it can't boot with that, then try the safe mode flash as well. Then after that, add

Graphicsenabler=n

Hi,

I've made progress! I'm currently in Snow Leopard - Everything working perfectly!

I forgot I changed the ACPI APIC and ACPI 2.0 settings in my BIOS and reverted them back

to normal and it worked!

I then ran ###### and selected only [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and nothing else and it works!

Thanks so much!

It's not a Pentium 4 haha, It's the Pentium version of C2D- Only difference being the name :)

The only problem I've came across so far is when I installed my Graphics Card, I can't

set the resolution, When I set it to 1360x768 (Should be 1366x768) the screen just goes

blue. So I used the "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" flag and it works but only at 1360px :(

Oh well. :).

Do you by any chance know what file I can edit to add the above flag at startup everytime?

Thanks in advance :)

- A very happy Jamie :)

Yeah, you would add it to boot.plist in extra/extensions. There should be a string in there that says boot flags with an empty set of brackets underneath. Type them there just as you would at startup, then save, run mult ibeast again and repair permissions and repair cache. you can't get qe/ci going on your graphics card?

Found this link for you. Some people had good luck with this kext package with the 8400GS

http://www.osx86.net...0gs_driver.html

Oh and I didn't say Pentium 4, I said Pentium D, our dual core. There is a difference between the Pd and three core 2 duo series. I don't know the specifics though. If you're got it working then awesome.

Yeah, you would add it to boot.plist in extra/extensions. There should be a string in there that says boot flags with an empty set of brackets underneath. Type them there just as you would at startup, then save, run mult ibeast again and repair permissions and repair cache. you can't get qe/ci going on your graphics card?

Found this link for you. Some people had good luck with this kext package with the 8400GS

http://www.osx86.net...0gs_driver.html

Oh and I didn't say Pentium 4, I said Pentium D, our dual core. There is a difference between the Pd and three core 2 duo series. I don't know the specifics though. If you're got it working then awesome.

Oops sorry! Misread that as Pentium 4 haha!

I got transparency and all enabled :) I used the Nvidia driver from their website - It says it doesn't support my graphics but it does :)

Thanks again :)

Will add the line to my boot file :)

All I appear to have is 'org.chamelon.boot.plist' - Is this the file I'm looking for? :)

Oops sorry! Misread that as Pentium 4 haha!

I got transparency and all enabled I used the Nvidia driver from their website - It says it doesn't support my graphics but it does

Thanks again

Will add the line to my boot file All I appear to have is 'org.chamelon.boot.plist' - Is this the file I'm looking for?

That's the one