• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

christy

christy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I have a problem on snow leo.I already installed succesfully snow leopard.but when i launch my first update 10.6.1 it gives me a installation error.it says,"the installation fails.an unknown installation error occured.and also i tried other update 10.6.2,,10.6.3 etc the same result.any solutins please.thanks

ASUS P6T DELUXE V2
INTEL I7 920
ATI 4780 X2
16 GB RAM

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Why installing at version 10.6.0? Even retail disk has been at 10.6.3 for a long time.

christy

christy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
thanks for the reply.the leopard retail copy that i buoght has the 10.6 only.so i need to update all the updates.ealier for me everythings were functioning.i had lion installed on the same disk where i had leopard also.but sudenly my hd disk crashed.so i lost both systems.so i need to do a clean install of leopard and update it to atleast 10.6.6 to make the lion boot usb.so how can i over come this problem

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
Make sure you go to Apple and download the Combo update. If you download the 10.6.7 Combo update, it will update 10.6 to 10.6.7 in one step. Remember to save any special kexts you might have installed in /S/L/E because the update might wipe them out. You would need to reinstall them after the update but before rebooting.

hackmymac

hackmymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Breaking computers and software, Moto GP, V8 Supercars, Golf
I got the same problem over here. I have followed an AMD install process point by point. Come time to update, whether it be from 10.6.0 right up to 10.6.4, I get the same error. I have got the comboupdte from the apple site. I've tried under safe mode, bootcd, under nearly every boot flag I can think of. Still the same error. I've even been looking through most of OSX.net and Insanelymac and it doesn't seem if there's been many cases of this.

Anyone got an Idea, cause I'm out.

rlf

rlf

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
Two suggestions:

1. When you get the error in the installer, hit Command-L to bring up the installer log. It might give more details on the problem.

2. Look into Pacifist from Charlessoft. It can open PKG's and also install the contents.

In doing other research, some people had problems installing iLife and got the same error. Turned out that a security certificate had expired. Turning the date back to be within the certificate valid dates solved the problem.

hackmymac

hackmymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:Breaking computers and software, Moto GP, V8 Supercars, Golf
I actually got it to work, today. I downloaded it again from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399 and it work straight away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy