G41mt-s2pt Some explanations needed

bentek86

9 posts in this topic

Hello, i bought a motherboard gigabyte g41mt-s2pt and install snow leopard with using ###### and snow leopard 10.6.2 original dvd...i'm not sure for the bios settings and i haven't find nothing for this motherboard but anyway the system work without any flag or error except of refusing iopcifamily... What is this?

Anyway after installation i have installed bootloader chimera (last versions) and i have kernel panic with cpupowermanagement..

I can't understand what exactly a bootloader do...with chimera 1.5.2 from cd i have no problem with last version kernel panic...why? And whats the difference between chimera and chameleon?

Now i have to start always from cd :(

Upgrading 10.6.8 give to me full system working except for the video...

I use actually integrated video and is it a gma x4500 but the system show only "gpu"

ID 0x2e32

Revision ID 0x003

No kext loaded

VRAM: 64 (incorrect)

Resolution 1024x768

Maybe i have to install chameleon and try graphics enabler?

Update...installed chameleon rc4 and rc5 always kernel panic....i need to know what chimera 1.5 do for let the system start

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: installed lion and got fully working hackintosh... only sound make me crazy...i read a lot of post but voodoohda always do kernel panic and dha enablers or rollback didn't work...i think myaudio card is alc887 but on some sites the soec is via vt2021

Also try, i found that anyithing works only in 32 bit mode...

Then i try voodoohda 0.2.5 in ###### (the only one support 64bit) and the audio now work...

Someone tell me that i must use graphics enabler 64 No but i think that with my video card (nvidia ge force n210 1gb) i must select yes...or i am wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, i bought a motherboard gigabyte g41mt-s2pt and install snow leopard with using ###### and snow leopard 10.6.2 original dvd...i'm not sure for the bios settings and i haven't find nothing for this motherboard but anyway the system work without any flag or error except of refusing iopcifamily... What is this?

Anyway after installation i have installed bootloader chimera (last versions) and i have kernel panic with cpupowermanagement..

I can't understand what exactly a bootloader do...with chimera 1.5.2 from cd i have no problem with last version kernel panic...why? And whats the difference between chimera and chameleon?

Now i have to start always from cd :(

Upgrading 10.6.8 give to me full system working except for the video...

I use actually integrated video and is it a gma x4500 but the system show only "gpu"

ID 0x2e32

Revision ID 0x003

No kext loaded

VRAM: 64 (incorrect)

Resolution 1024x768

Maybe i have to install chameleon and try graphics enabler?

Update...installed chameleon rc4 and rc5 always kernel panic....i need to know what chimera 1.5 do for let the system start

dude ream my topic

all work but not sleep

Sound audio kexts

DSDT u must reedit your processor section and reedit for your VGA

All works fine