i could use some help on my asus

kalkat

7 posts in this topic

these are my system setting if you need more i can provide i need to know what drivers to install at the customization screen when i install it iatkos v7 also its the only one i can even get to the install screen on my system if anyone can help install a newer version or update this once i get it installed i would be very grateful i have it installed but i dont know what i didi wrong so it doesn't boot

amd e-350 dual core 1.6 ghz

amd readeon HD 6310

4 gigs ram

500 gig hdd sata

deneric multi card usb device

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT34N ATA Device

standard ACHI 1.0 serial ATA Controler

Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Conroler

ASUS USB 2.0 Webcam

Standard PS/2 keyboard

PS/2 Compatable mouse

atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter

realteck PCIe GBE Family Controler

Amd high definition audio device

realteck High defintion audio

(3 usb ports, memory card reader,touchpad mouse)

Boot the computer in verbose mode.

When you start to boot the computer, it will say Chameleon at the top of the screen and start counting down from 5. Immediately press any key. Then on the command line, type: -v followed by <Enter>

When the boot hangs, what does it say? Or post a pic so someone can look at it.

Boot the computer in verbose mode.

When you start to boot the computer, it will say Chameleon at the top of the screen and start counting down from 5. Immediately press any key. Then on the command line, type: -v followed by <Enter>

When the boot hangs, what does it say? Or post a pic so someone can look at it.

here is a video using -v -f and -x

It is highly strange that the screen is totally blank after booting with -v. But I suspect a kernel problem. According to the instructions given with iAtkos v7, it says the following about kernels:

Kernels: 2 kernels and 3 choices. A custom kernel must be selected for AMD CPU's.

1- Not selecting none of the kernels. Stock kernel will be used by this way. More compatible systems may not select none of the kernels and use stock kernel.

2- 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel. This is more compatible and has many add-ons.

3- 9.7.0 Voodoo kernel. This is adds support for new Intel Core I7 series.

So for AMD you must select a kernel. I vote for the 9.7.0 Voodoo kernel. You should be able to boot iAtkos v7 and unselect everything except the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel and then install. This should install only the kernel.

This doesn't necessarily get you out of the woods, but if we can get -v to tell us something, then we hae a chance to figure out what needs to be fixed.

All that white txt that flowed down the screen in that video was from using -v and I've installed with no kernal and then seperatly with the voodoo krrnals and then together still no luck what do u need a pic of to help

All the white text scrolling down the screen is the scanning of the drivers. After that is when the real boot operation takes place. And for that, the screen turns black and it reboots. There is nothing to take a picture of that is useful.

What model of Asus do you have?

Also, Google the following and watch some of the videos: mac os x amd e-350

I watched that guys videos it doesn't help because 1 I don't have a Mac I use disk and two his mod CD that he made doesnt load up from disk or flash drive so I can't use his method I've also messaged him and he doesn't reply and is an Asus k53u