• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Ripkon

Ripkon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
i have installed 10.8 dp2 with kakewalk. I used my own dsdt with audio patch. any idea's why its showing 32bit kernel?

my specs

p45 ud3p
Q6600
8800gt xxx

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
check your boot.plist for arch=i386, if there remove it. also check system profiler "software" and see if it says 64bit kernel yes or no there, incase it's just a bug in kakewalk on 10.8. use boot flag to force 64 bit, or if all still works then don't worry

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
To add on to what eep357 said, you should see this if you're booted into 64 bit mode
Posted Image

Ripkon

Ripkon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
this is what i added also tried arch=x86_64. see if this is right

Posted Image

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,479 posts
Try by this way:
<key>arch</key>
<string>X86_64</string>
Good Luck.

Ripkon

Ripkon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
still no luck. ugh.

Posted Image

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
OK, they changed that screen, probably with DP2, mines the same, docent say one way or another if kernel is 32/64, which may be messing with kakewalks output. if you go down a couple lines to the extensions tab and see what's loaded, are any 32bit? Mine are all 64bit and as far as I know ML will not load 32bit kernel or extension even if you tried. I'll try later.

mindlessmissy

mindlessmissy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
IF you are going by the System Info screen to check whether you are in 64-bit, then you might be getting confused because MLion SHOULD only boot in 64-bit hence that line is no longer available in the Software tab ...

IF you want to be really sure you are running in 64-bit, open Terminal and type " uname -a "

The line " ... xnu-2050.2.33~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 ... " will indicate you are in 64-bit mode ...

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts

IF you are going by the System Info screen to check whether you are in 64-bit, then you might be getting confused because MLion SHOULD only boot in 64-bit hence that line is no longer available in the Software tab ...

IF you want to be really sure you are running in 64-bit, open Terminal and type " uname -a "

The line " ... xnu-2050.2.33~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64 ... " will indicate you are in 64-bit mode ...

Even better, do that:)

Ripkon

Ripkon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Even better, do that:)

i also read that 10.8 dp2 did away with 32 extensions ext. Thank you guys for helping me out. looks to be fine

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy