Toshiba L505-13V

6 posts in this topic

hello everyone, new user here. i'm up to there with windows lately, and have been contemplating going the OSX route. my other desktop and laptops are already on linux, but i need something other than GIMP for my photography needs, so i decided to ditch winblows in favor of osx.

now, having read http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=265403&st=0 for my video card needs and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=174319 for the wireless drivers, i'm at a loss on which osx flavor to install now, and most importantly, HOW as i just found out this laptop does not give me the benefit of a USB drive boot.

I am on a toshiba L505-13v btw. i will be posting a screen grab of the hardware profile for the good members here to refer and give advice on which step/thread i should read from now.

best regards.

post-982730-0-72007100-1332696938_thumb.png

try the distro leo4allv3, , search torrent sites, once downloaded , burn the iso file to a dvd at slowest speed you can.

go to your bios and change first boot device as cdrom, boot with dvd, let be know if you can boot it or not.

finally managed to get iAtkos, burned and somehow installed on the hdd. but on the first boot, i get that nagging "before you begin: keyboard blah-blah". USB mouse works though, so all i need is to go and buy a USB keyboard.

BUT:

i am trying to boot into console to edit some parameters and attempt to make that laptop keyboard and trackpad work natively.

doing a "-s" hangs the boot process at "PCI detection begins".

Question: how therefore can I get into terminal directly?

ok, i'm back.

laptop is working on Lion 10.7.2 (thanks to iAtkos). graphics is properly recognized, can boot to max resolution (with options to go lower too) so it means driver is working however, i have to put GraphicsEnabler=No on the boot flag.

all is well, no proper drivers for the Lan and Wifi. for Lan, the ones i found modified does not work, and no hope for the wifi. might as well buy some other compatible hardwares for that :-)

unless of course somebody can point me to a better driver? Realtek RTL8136 FE