DP2 Install: After select language SHUTDOWN because MBR Fix!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing

Success!!!
I used the latest ErmaC-Chameleon-r1897.zip and it installs fine now, mitch_de maybe you could try that version (if not already?). Configuring is the same as DP1 when it comes to the USB installer.

Cheers

Thanks a lot problem solved.I have run kext utility and now it boots fine.
Thanks again !

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts

just hope can install this DP but can't and reason i can't enter choose language menu, just load apple logo and then it go to sleep mode :(

I would start with -v (verbose) to see the boot log instead of Apple logo / speiing wheel what happens.

For me, shutdown after selecting language i narrowed the problem to the MBR patched OSInstall (PrivateFramework) which is used , beside the .patched .mpkg.
Any ML ready Chameleon or Chimera works with MBR unpatched files - so its not an problem of the bootloader in my case.

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i tested with -v always install Mac as before, and just only this time i can't enter choose language, just enter sleep mode after apple boot logo or DSDT was arrived

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
To understand "sleep mode after apple boot logo)".
Normally with -v , verbose you see all that boot infos in text and then the Videocard gets initlalised for the install process.
But normally you dont see the Apple logo (later with spinning circle).
Or do you mean other Apple boot screen logo?

pinarek

pinarek

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

I have a problem with my SSD hard drives.

So I have the iopcifamily.kext the forum netkas-org here in replacing ML-DP2.
I had the problem that always (after about 10 minutes running time of the ML-DP2) has one of the 4 SSD drives suddenly orange symbols,

in Disk Utility. I thought that it is resolved by replacing the file iopcifamilxy.kext no, this is still the same error.

In the 4 SSD drives is always another marked with orange symbols.

And when I come with the ML-DP2 times make a restart, then prior to the 1 or 2 drives not at all recognized by the solid-state drives at

boot or will not be there. But if I with the PC-ML DP2 really go down and then turn on again, then all drives (including DVD) weider fully there.

There seems to be that something in ML-DP2 with the Sata ports not true.

Someone who has similar problems or symptoms? Someone looking to fix and advice about that?

Thanks for this info … Translated with Google Translator

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

To understand "sleep mode after apple boot logo)".
Normally with -v , verbose you see all that boot infos in text and then the Videocard gets initlalised for the install process.
But normally you dont see the Apple logo (later with spinning circle).
Or do you mean other Apple boot screen logo?

on Select boot partition i type -v (if not type this command you can see apple boot screen) command then i saw the text passing but when text arrive "dsmos has arrived" after that screen go black and my moniter go in sleep ! i can't do anything more, not KP

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
Ah OK.
But i think the pc doesnt go to sleep. It tries at this last step of booting to switch into graphics mode and fails.
Maybe you get a bit further by -v -x ( SAFE MODE).

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i tried -x and -v mode and it's still go in sleep :-s ! with 10.8 DP1 and before version i can installed normally

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
To others:
I can tell, that the problem for me was using the MBR patch set (.mpkg + OSinstall Framework to install on MBR HD) - i now got it installed on an GUID HD with orig. .mpgk / Osinstall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy