Hackintosh On HP Pavilion a6000n PC

Francis Forget

5 posts in this topic

I have a PC, But it have an AMD Chipset, and i'm wondering, Can i install Mac OS X on it? So i need your help to know if Snow Leopard is compatible with My PC, Here's the Specs :

AMD LIVE!™ Made to Bring It All Together

• AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+

• 2.2GHz, 512KB+512KB L2 Cache

Chipset : NVIDIA nForce 430 Chipset

Standard memory : 1024MB

Memory type : DDR2-SDRAM

Memory slots : 4 DIMM (184-pin, DDR2) (two available)

Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

High Definition Audio, 8 speaker configurable

Can I install Snow Leopard(10.6, 10.6.6, 10.6.8) Or Maybe Lion (10.7, 10.7.2, 10.7.3) If yes please Write me down how. I already have MAc OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD and an ###### disc. Juste need the Kexts and all that good stuffs.

Thanks!

Situated directly below the 'New Users Lounge' is a thread called 'Tutorials (Genius Bar)'--take a look there you might find what you need.

I will add that you will most assuredly need AMD Utility to make things work well for you after the install.

Interesting specs. I was going to describe my "HP pavillion" and "HP pavillion elite" success stories (along with weeks of pain) I had. My PCs are desktops which use Intel i5 and G33 chipset, so it is hard to tell what else is not in common. As a noob myself, that did not find these forums until I was far along the path, my first suggestion is to google/yahoo/ask for all the details you can with keywords "hackintosh osx86 hp pavillion (laptop|desktop) <motherboard> dsdt mac". In my case <motherboard> is substituted with IPBIB-LB or GL8E or Benecia, and the style is desktop vs laptop. I was successful installing leopard, snowleopard, and lion in separate partitions on a fresh hard drive, but I had to use separate boot disks for each as well (initially). I have since then unloaded leopard and created a chameleon boot compatible with snow leopard and lion, so I have dual boot on a single hard drive now, and both Snow and Lion are fully patched to current, 10.6.8 and 10.7.3 respectively. (Then I found a DSDT file ;( which might have saved me days of work) Lots of trial and error on my part because I am not very smart. In retrospect, I should have written down (logged) each step, but by the time I got far enough into the many almost successes it was too late to start. If you have plenty of time on your hands and need a hobby, just try it. You could get lucky like I did.

• Desktop PC model: HP Pavillion a6442p and HP Pavillion Elite m9451ch

• motherboard: Asus IPIBL-LB (HP/Compaq name: Benicia-GL8E)
  • chipset: Intel G33
  • processor: Pentium Dual-Core E5500 2.80GHz/800MHz
  • memory: 4x2GB PC2-6400 (800MHz)

• bios: 5.32 on the pavillion, 5.33 on the pavillion elite (I have the 5.43 update compatible with both, but have not applied it yet)
  • onboard: PS/2, LAN, Video, Audio, SATA/AHCI, and 1394 (all enabled)
  • power: XD and VT enabled

Standard (I guess) boot order of CD/DVD, HD (USB included in HD group), and network PXE disabled.

Onboard Specs

• Video is Intel GMA 3100
  • Audio is RealTek ALC888S
  • 10/100/1000 LAN is also RealTek 8111C

Based on one of the Chameleon tools (wizard I think), I used some information from the "Mac Pro 3,1" profile which led me to a compatible multiboot. From there I was very comfortable in a terminal shell to edit com.apple.Boot.plist and/or org.chameleon.boot.plist to set graphics, power, and other boot preference settings.

Good Luck

PS. After the 10.6.8 update to snow leopard, I had to add pmVersion=0 to my boot flags and lion still does not recognize my PS/2 mouse but does see the keyboard. I had to use a PS2-USB adaptor to get through the install and multiple reboots and boot.plist edits until I got it, but USB keyboards should be the future anyway.

• 1 year later...