Mini wireless card ..?

eddiebelfast

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 1804 laptop which has an Iprocomm IPN 2220 wireless card. I have checked into it and it appears to be a Broadcom MXF-M920808G chip. These cards have a variety of drivers depending upon which version of Windows is being used and under Linux need Ndiswrapper to make them work. In mac it shows up as an iprocomm .

To avoid any probs with my Hackintosh I checked around and found that a BMC 4318 works very well and found one advertised on Ebay under the heading of Acer. When I installed it in my Hack it recognised it as an Aircard ?, I noticed the "on" button which has a bright red light wasn't lit. I then tried it in a Windows laptop and whilst Windows recognised it , even loaded the correct driver it had no power.

I was wondering if Acer might have whitelisted it and ifso how do I unwhite list it?

I would appreciate any tips or advice,

cheers,

Eddie.

Hi, the 4318 is this type...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/54-Mbps-Broadcom-BCM4318-MiniPCI-802-11g-Wireless-card-/270738296252?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PCMCIACards&hash=item3f09428dbc

I have been reading up on it and the Linux forums mention it a lot. Apparently it needs a firmware update. I cannot find any info on the Broadcom site re- Firmware.