Asrock x58 Etreme6 - iBoot / SnowLeo Retail

Humboldt421

1 post in this topic

Hello, and thanks to everyone here on this forum. I am not able to boot retail vanilla kernel on my machine and I have done what i believe to be everything needed to get it to work.

My Build :

Asrock x58 Extreme6 mobo with i7 quad core at 3ghz

8gb ( 2 x 4gb ) Patriot Sector 5 ddr3 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 <-- one module removed until install compleate

Zotac gts450 amp!edition 1gb 128bit ddr5

64gb patriot SSD

2tb WD caviar black

corsair tx950w power supply

Thermaltake DH 102 Home Theather Enclosure with 7.1 inch touch screen

M-Audio Delta 1010-lt Audio interface PCI

I am having some problems getting [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to load the retail dvd with mach_kernel. I can install with the nawcom cd and use the legacy_kernel to boot but it wont do the combo update. I can not ever get the mach_kernel to boot.

Does anyone out there have similar hardware or the ability to point me in the right direction. I am relatively new to osx86 projects but not to computers. I am trying again to get this to work this time I am installing two partitions one with the working legacy_kernel install that nawcom cd creates then I will try to tinker with a vanilla build with mach_kernel on second partition and be able to still boot. Does this seem right?

I got $20 paypal to anyone who will email me a dmg that i can restore to a drive and will patch over a legacy_kernel install to get mach_kernel working with all my hardware functional.

Any takers?

I can be reached at Humboldt421(at)gmail(.)com

Thanks again, I am excited to get any kernel working i guess but want vanilla retail with bios patched dsdt tables. I want to run protools on this machine. So i need all the hardware to work i guess. stability is a must.