Alright, so I've been to a whole bunch of threads about this video card both here and elsewhere. A lot of places have said that it doesn't bode well for OSx86, but I've seen multiple threads where people have got it working, most notably this one. I've followed that guide to the letter, and for all intents and purposes, it seems to have worked, except...
Whenever I put in the Device ID into ATIRadeonX1000.kext, repair permissions and reboot, I've gotten many different outcomes.
- After loading everything at the EFI (automatic -v -f), it seems to stall at a black screen with a white box in the top right corner. I can type in it, and occasionally the mouse cursor flickers in and out of existence. I can move the mouse, but only in that short (half a second to a full second) span.
- If I just put in RadeonHD.kext, the OS loads with a lot of fragmented text, and nothing else.
- I've gotten it to mostly work here, inputting the Device ID into ATIRadeonX1000 provides me with the ability to change the resolution, but nothing else. The cursor gets completely obliterated, only showing a glitched mass of blocks. It still works, however.
- If I try to add RadeonHD.kext to this, the screen turns into a garbled mess of colours.
- Very rarely after reinstalling the OS and putting in X1000, the screen glitches, getting chopped up into blocks, making it unusable.
I'm using a Dell Inspiron E1505/6400 running OS X Lion 10.7 at 1024x768 at the moment. Everything else works. Is there any way to get past that black screen with the white square?