• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

korki696

korki696

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
ok my sister got accepted to a college this year and she cant come to the store when we go to budy a mac pro but my mom has a letter that shows that she goes there or something like that. so my first question is does my sister have to go to get the discount? second do we have to lie and say like its a present for my sister or do they not care that its for me and not her?
thanks
-Korki-

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
A student may make specific numbers of purchases of hardware. That doesnt mean they're for him/her. AFAIK, the education discount doesnt work at the Apple Store, but I could be wrong. Why not just buy online, and go through their hoops... it's free shipping.

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

AFAIK, the education discount doesnt work at the Apple Store, but I could be wrong. Why not just buy online, and go through their hoops... it's free shipping.

Yes, they have an online education store. You select your school and attest that you are a student or staff and off you go.

korki696

korki696

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
the education discount works at our store and online its free shipping but theres still taxes so its the same and online id have to wait.
thanks
-Korki-

gwprod12

gwprod12

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts
I would think you would have to provide student ID and proof of enrollment. Something only the student can do. The worst they can do is say NO! GET OUT, WE'RE CALLING THE COPS!

Xenctuary

Xenctuary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
You can buy with an educational discount via the stores if you have your student ID. They usually have a little book of all of their supported establishments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy