Hi, Best laptop wifi card

monkeysticker

4 posts in this topic

First of all greetings to everybody I'm monkeysticker from Italy.

I've decided to install Snow Leopard on a Aspire One Happy2 netbook. I know it has different issues most considerably LAN and WIFI.

Could someone please advise me what is the best out of the box laptop mini wifi card (internal PCI-e) that can be bought online. I'm looking to buy a new card if possibly so something that's in production. What I've found in the wiki mostly the athereos cards but could'nt find those models online apart from e-bay. I would really like to get a new card seeing I'm not an e-bay user. I'm not really sure what specs airport has for wifi.

All advice is really appreciated!!!

I'm going to use this laptop primarily for audio so Reason and Logic (it's the only option for my kind of budget), the LAN is not really important I just hope to get QE working and wifi, trackpad, PS2 ect... setup. It's an atom processor I've just started informing myself and I've read somewhere that there are Darwin builds for atom processors that would interest me to but I'm not sure.

This is my intro, thanks to everyone from the insanely mac for sharing your hobby and for creating such a cool forum.

Monkeysticker :trumpet:

Will almost all atheros or broadcom half size cards work in OSX 10.6? Or are there only certain cards that work, what is really specific to get airport working in OSX 10.6. I don't think I will update to 10.7 seeing it's an atom netbook so I don't know if that is even posibile and my mouse gestures are limited so I don't know if mission control could really work for me, maybe full screen apps would be cool but I'm sure 10.6 is less trickier.

Any links or source appreciated and any more info.

Thanks