How to boot an Installation USB with easybcd?

easybcd usb lion dmg transmac

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

tirantloblanc

tirantloblanc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Well... my resources are quite limited right now. None of my computers has a DVD/RW drive and I atm, I only have a 8GB stick. I am running Windows 7 and Linux.

I managed to format the USB Stick with IATKOS L2 using transmac. I also installed EasyBCD on Windows 7 as I was told that was all I needed to install the system. But now I am stuck.

Of course, if I try to boot the USB from my BIOS i get a booting error.

From EasyBCD I added a OS X entry in the boot list. I can select it, and it takes me directly to what seems to be a Chameleon boot screen, but only with a Windows Icon and a message about booting windows or pressing F7 (IIRC) to select other options. In that screen keyboard does not work (i have a DELL USB Keyboard).

Any tips on what to do next, or how can i boot my USB stick containing IATKOS L2?

Thanks for your time.

---

Well, as I found out, I am able to boot any ISO image from my harddrive with EasyBCD. So I tried doing it with #####.iso.

But once I get to the menu, my keyboard is not working...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: easybcd, usb, lion, dmg, transmac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy