No replies to this topic

plasticphyte

plasticphyte

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted here on these forums, but anyway...

I'm currently trying to customize the Mac OS X Lion Recovery disc that you can create from the Mac OS X Recovery Partition (I've created a recovery USB stick). I'm wanting to add Carbon Copy Cloner to the drive so I can run it without having to have a full install of Mac OS X on a USB drive just to clone/image my Macs.

I've added the application to the /Applications folder, however the application doesn't run when I try and launch it from the Terminal (error is: Carbon Copy Cloner.app is a directory).
The usual open -a Carbon Copy Cloner.app doesn't work as it is an unsupported command.

Has anyone here made a customized Mac OS X install/recovery disk with additional tools on it? If so, what tips/steps were involved? Google searching for something like this just yields the endless loop of creating a bootable USB drive from the Mac OS X installer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, applications, lion, disc, customize

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy