1 post in this topic

Hi there newbie here, I've belt fairly enough machines in my life but not for a mac... I wanna build a powerfull and not expensive hackintosh. I am really really on a tight budget so pls if there's any better suggestion than my planned parts pls let me know. so first things first my list of planned parts are as follows

case: nzxt vulcan m-atx

processor: Intel I5 2500k

mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

hdd: OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SATA III

video card: HIS Radeon HD 5450 (old video card from my other pc)

hdd: hitachi 400gb 7200rpm (spare hard drive donno if it still works)

dvd drive: Sony optiarc dvd burner

ram: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

I haven't ordered them yet except for the stuff that I already have. I am going to order the Mac OS X snow leopard at apple store tomorrow to start with, I downloaded all the softwares needed too. I wanna know if all the parts I picked will work? I know I know....try looking it up on HCL page but there's no complete list of parts on what I have on the list above. I mean the mobo for example I found it on the mac os x lion page. I am wondering if it's compatible with just snow leopard since my budget has been reach already and I can't afford the lion for now. And another thing I've read on Apple site that orig mac users are complaining a lot about lion which is slower and dumber than the previous ver the snow leopard, Is that true in this circumstances? I've read in one of the thread regarding the HIS radeon 5450 vid card that it is a pain in the butt...the thread was so long I just gave up on reading it all. If my card is just difficult, any suggestions for a card that's fully compatible with all the version of mac os x and that is not that expensive maybe less than $100?

Any complains or comments on the SSD of my choice Ocz?

And another thing I want to dual boot this new project of mine, which one do I install 1st, Win 7 or the Mac OS X? I am going to install the OS X on the SSD and Win 7 on the 400gb hdd...or any suggestions like buying a 120gb SSD instead and put Win 7 and OS X together in it or it's better to install it separately? huh....I guess thats all my questions for now...pls bare with me, hope someone out there can help. Thanks in advance.