Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

1 post in this topic

Hi there newbie here, I've belt fairly enough machines in my life but not for a mac... I wanna build a powerfull and not expensive hackintosh. I am really really on a tight budget so pls if there's any better suggestion than my planned parts pls let me know. so first things first my list of planned parts are as follows

case: nzxt vulcan m-atx

processor: Intel I5 2500k

mobo: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3

hdd: OCZ 60GB Agility 3 SATA III

video card: HIS Radeon HD 5450 (old video card from my other pc)

hdd: hitachi 400gb 7200rpm (spare hard drive donno if it still works)

dvd drive: Sony optiarc dvd burner

ram: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

I haven't ordered them yet except for the stuff that I already have. I am going to order the Mac OS X snow leopard at apple store tomorrow to start with, I downloaded all the softwares needed too. I wanna know if all the parts I picked will work? I know I know....try looking it up on HCL page but there's no complete list of parts on what I have on the list above. I mean the mobo for example I found it on the mac os x lion page. I am wondering if it's compatible with just snow leopard since my budget has been reach already and I can't afford the lion for now. And another thing I've read on Apple site that orig mac users are complaining a lot about lion which is slower and dumber than the previous ver the snow leopard, Is that true in this circumstances? I've read in one of the thread regarding the HIS radeon 5450 vid card that it is a pain in the butt...the thread was so long I just gave up on reading it all. If my card is just difficult, any suggestions for a card that's fully compatible with all the version of mac os x and that is not that expensive maybe less than $100?

Any complains or comments on the SSD of my choice Ocz?

And another thing I want to dual boot this new project of mine, which one do I install 1st, Win 7 or the Mac OS X? I am going to install the OS X on the SSD and Win 7 on the 400gb hdd...or any suggestions like buying a 120gb SSD instead and put Win 7 and OS X together in it or it's better to install it separately? huh....I guess thats all my questions for now...pls bare with me, hope someone out there can help. Thanks in advance.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tcoppz
      Screen Size 15.6 inches Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 Max Screen Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels Processor 2 GHz Intel Core i7 RAM 8 GB 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM) Hard Drive 750 GB 750GB (7200RPM) Hard Drive (SATA) with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection Chipset Brand AMD Card Description 6770M Graphics Card Ram Size 2048 MB Wireless Type Bluetooth Number of USB 2.0 Ports 2 Number of USB 3.0 Ports 2 Average Battery Life (in hours) 5.75 hours Expand Other Technical Details Brand Name HP Series HP Pavilion dv6-6190us Entertainment Notebook PC Item model number LW223UA#ABA Hardware Platform PC Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit) Item Weight 5.8 pounds Item Dimensions L x W x H 14.88 x 9.71 x 1.39 inches Color Silver Processor Brand Intel Processor Count 1 Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM Hard Drive Interface Serial ATA Hard Drive Rotational Speed 7200 RPM Battery Type lithium_ion Power Source Battery Voltage 240 volts  
      So basically if anyone can help me out, point me in the right direction, shut me down if its not possible, or hit me with a link to a tutorial that actually works it would be much appreciated (i can always reset to factory via disks if updating things caused any problem) Thanks in advance.... #windowsGuyTrying2convert and unfortunately i cant format the specs right but there's a link to them here ----http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02863104&DocLang=en&docLocale=en_US&jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001
    • By firewire786
      Details Brand: HP Operating system: Windows Processor speed: 1.86 GHz Installed memory: 2 GB RAM Number of cores: Dual-core Processor brand: Intel CPU Hard Drive: 160gb Hard Drive Display Adapter: Intel®  Q965/Q963 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio   Network Adapter: I have 3- 1. Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet 2. NETGEAR WNA1100 N150 Wireless USB Adapter and 3. VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter(I use NETGEAR for internet)   Motherboard: 0A60h(Model-Hewlett-Packard)   Can i run OS x 10.6 snow leopard successfully on this PC?    

• By ampersand-a
      Hi There,
      This is my first post so please excuse me if I miss any etiquette.
      I have been happily using my P55 Dual i5 2.81Ghz for a few years now and I have to apologize that since building it I've not really been able to keep track of the Hackintosh community.
      It's time to update and I want the most powerful pro-desktop that's within reason. The primary use is high end graphics, 3d and games/app development.
      I really need some advice from the pro community here as I remember it being a bit painful to build the P55, having to swap out new parts here & there and messing around with a lot of kexts - I'm keen to avoid all of this.
      What are your recommendations for a powerful CPU/GPU Hackintosh with all modern ports (HDMI etc) - which is really easy to setup without too much pain - for less than $1500
      Thank you very much!
    • By claver
      Hi, this is the first time that I write in english forum so excuse me if I make mistakes... my english is not too good...
      Well, I have successfully installed mountain lion on my acer aspire 5740G in signature. For install it I have create a bootable USB stick containing the installer of mountain lion as described in this guide: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=258485 (It's in italian). The installation was very easy and I didn't need to use kext, flag or patch for start up mountain lion. Arrived to the desktop wifi, DVD player and USB work natively but other devices not... And this is the reason I'm here
      Everything solved!
      Before continue I list the specs of my notebook:
      Mobo: Acer Aspire 5740
      CPU: Intel Core i5 430M (2.26 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB)
      RAM: 3956 MB (DDR3-1066 DDR3 SDRAM)
      GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 (512 MB)
      Sound: Realtek ALC272
      Wifi: Atheros AR5B93
      NIC: Broadcom NetLink BCM57780
      And there my problems Everything solved!:
      - ETHERNET: Works after installing this kext.
      - TRACKPAD-KEYBOARD PS2: They work perfectly after installing these kexts.
      - SOUND: It works after installing the kext in this package (voodoohda 2.7.4).
      - BATTERY ICON: It works after installing these kexts.
      - GPU: It works perfectly after installing clover bootloader and putting this file in /EFI directory. Thanks to mmon.
      - VGA/HDMI: The HDMI works perfectly after the GPU step. I haven't tested the VGA yet.
      - CMOS RESET: I fix it with the DSDT patched by giofrida.
      - DSDT: The DSDT patched by giofrida enables the sleep and resolves the reset of the CMOS! You can download it from here.
      - STOP: It works after installing the clover bootloader, doing the "GPU step" and putting the patched DSDT in /EFI/ACPI/patched/.
      You can download clover bootloader from here: http://www.insanelym...-instructions/.
      Thanks to giofrida for the DSDT patch and to mmon for his help to activate the GPU.
      - COMBO UPDATE 10.8.1: Installed without problems. I didn't need to reinstall any kext.
      - COMBO UPDATE 10.8.2: Installed without problems. I had to reinstall only battery kexts.
      - COMBO UPDATE 10.8.3: Installed without problems. I had to reinstall only battery kexts.
      - RED: problem that I haven't fixed
      - BLUE: problem not completely fixed
      - GREEN: problem fixed