How to install lion on Dell 545?

JeroenJK

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I am 15 years old, and really interested in apple. I want to work for apple when I finished my school. I think I want to work with hardware but for now I wanna know something about the software. I really wanna make some iPhone apps, and learn objective C to do that. I really want to buy a MacBook pro, but for a 15 years old boy, it's a but too expensive, but really lovely :D

I own a Dell Inspiron 545, and I want to install OS X Lion on that pc so I can install Xcode and learn objective C. But I am wondering if it is possible to install Lion on my PC. I installed OS X leopard on my PC because that was the only one I could manage to install. So I hope there is someone who can explain me how to install Lion on my PC. Btw, here are some specs of my pc:

3 gb ram

320 gb sata hdd

Intel E4700 core 2 duo @ 2.8 Ghz. (I thought it was e4700)

DVD reader writer

And some other things. If u need to know more specs, please tell me...

Now I am running win xp, but I HATE WINDOWS!!!

Thanks for your help.

I don't think you can install Lion on Inspiron 545. It doesn't have AHCI mode for SATA. (I have this pc) However, you might want to try a distro called SnowOSX86, can't post the links, search on Google. I had some success installing Snow Leopard this way