• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

JeroenJK

JeroenJK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I am 15 years old, and really interested in apple. I want to work for apple when I finished my school. I think I want to work with hardware but for now I wanna know something about the software. I really wanna make some iPhone apps, and learn objective C to do that. I really want to buy a MacBook pro, but for a 15 years old boy, it's a but too expensive, but really lovely :D
I own a Dell Inspiron 545, and I want to install OS X Lion on that pc so I can install Xcode and learn objective C. But I am wondering if it is possible to install Lion on my PC. I installed OS X leopard on my PC because that was the only one I could manage to install. So I hope there is someone who can explain me how to install Lion on my PC. Btw, here are some specs of my pc:
3 gb ram
320 gb sata hdd
Intel E4700 core 2 duo @ 2.8 Ghz. (I thought it was e4700)
DVD reader writer
And some other things. If u need to know more specs, please tell me...
Now I am running win xp, but I HATE WINDOWS!!!

Thanks for your help.

JeroenJK

JeroenJK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, someone helped me installing snow leopard hazard 10.6.6i but when I try to startup my pc it said still waiting for root device. When I changed raid to IDE in bios I get text and then black screen with nothing.
Please help me!

jasonwsc

jasonwsc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I don't think you can install Lion on Inspiron 545. It doesn't have AHCI mode for SATA. (I have this pc) However, you might want to try a distro called SnowOSX86, can't post the links, search on Google. I had some success installing Snow Leopard this way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy