Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:48 PM
I've managed to install lion 10.7.2 on workstation 8.0.1 hosted by a german windows vista x64 with a german keyboard using donks unlocker and zenith432s vga driver (thanks to both! great job).
I've used the logitech german keyboard layout from Ukulele which configured the keyboard to my needs except one key which ist dead.
This is the key with the characters "<", ">;" and "|". This seems to be a dead key, maybe somehow filtered on its way from the host through vmware workstation to the guest.
I've used KeyCode http://manytricks.com/keycodes/ which claims to display the typed key code of every key, but in case of the "<|>" key nothing happens.
Does anoyone have a solution to this problem?
I'm running another guest with snow 10.6.x without having this problem.
Any help would be great.
Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:28 PM
Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:57 PM
Thank you for your answer Donk. That's odd:-(
It worked for 10.6 and does not work for 10.7.
I made some more tests:
1. setting guestOS = "darwin10-64" in case this is something specific to the guest os setting
2. installing the ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext driver with keyboard.vusb.enable = "FALSE" which gave me a functional PS2 setup
Both did not solve the problem.
Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:45 AM
1. Install AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext from this post http://www.insanelym...howtopic=262252 containing a link to this ZIP: http://www.insanelym...attach_id=97203
2. Enable PS2 Keyboard by setting
keyboard.vusb.enable = "FALSE" in the vmx-File
4. Download Ukulele from here http://scripts.sil.o...nrsi&id=ukelele and install the "LogitechGerman.keylayout" from the Logitech Keyboard Layouts folder. You don't have to install or use Ukulele. Activate the "Logitech German" layout in system preferences "language and text".
5. Download and install KeyRemap4MacBook from here http://pqrs.org/maco...yremap4macbook/ and reboot. After this you will find a new preferences icon of KeyRemap4MacBook which allows you to remap keys to standard PC functions (and more).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users