TP-Link TL-WN851N - connection dropping

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Don't worry, I'm still confused by (a lot of) DSDT too. ;)

What you need to check is the WiFi branch under the network branch in Sys Info that you selected in the screenshot. That Network section only shows the software interfaces, meaning they can exist even if there is no hardware linked to it. Check WiFi and see if it gives any hardware info (otherwise it'll just give you software info).

Boot in verbose mode also, and see if you get any errors about IO80211Family not loading correctly.

SunLizard

SunLizard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks. Got it solved (in 10.7.3 at least....) See the TP-WN851ND link in topics. Ta for the help!

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Glad to hear it. :)

When updating to 10.7.4, drag the current IO80211Family.kext to the desktop. After updating try applying the same patch you did in 10.7.3; if it doesn't work, then reinstall the kext on your desktop with Kext Utility.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Well, I've run into a minor issue with my card again...

I've been trying to get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement working via HPET and LPC DSDT patches that I found here: http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php (I downloaded the HPET patch under Misc and the LPC ICH10 patch under Desktop)
Problem is, when I apply the HPET patch, my wireless refuses to work. First it said:
start [/SourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros9380/AirPortDriverAtheros9380-431.14.10/src/common/lmac/ath_dev/darwin/AtherosController.cpp:962] load failed
and now it's saying:
can not register interrupt
This is the DSDT w/out HPET or LPC patches: Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   7.03KB   3 downloads

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Well, I've run into a minor issue with my card again...

I've been trying to get AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement working via HPET and LPC DSDT patches that I found here: http://olarila.com/forum/patches.php (I downloaded the HPET patch under Misc and the LPC ICH10 patch under Desktop)
Problem is, when I apply the HPET patch, my wireless refuses to work. First it said:

start [/SourceCache/AirPortDriverAtheros9380/AirPortDriverAtheros9380-431.14.10/src/common/lmac/ath_dev/darwin/AtherosController.cpp:962] load failed
and now it's saying:
can not register interrupt
This is the DSDT w/out HPET or LPC patches: Attached File  dsdt.aml.zip   7.03KB   3 downloads

ive had problem with some patches mixing up stuff. sometimes extra irq in hpet isnt needed.

try 0, 8 . then add 11 and try it... then try 15 also next to 11..

2 irq.. or 3 . or 4

0, 8, 11

also the gigabytes Device (PCI0) has _UID or ADR 0x01 .. osx likes 0x00

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
I've already patched the _UID device to 0x00. :) That's what enabled QE/CI on my GeForce.

0 and 8 were present on the original patch, so I added 11 to no avail, but upon adding 15 it worked! :D Thank you for all your patience in helping me with my WiFi since January. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy