I currently have a very old Mac Mini. I would love to upgrade to a MacBook, but I'm on a tight budget and was thinking of a Hackintosh laptop as a possible alternative. I have tried this in the past and have some familiarity, but I didn't do all the research beforehand and OS X was largely incompatible. Currently I'm considering the Acer Aspire 5755, which has a Sandy Bridge i3 and HD 3000 graphics. I'm trying to hunt down the other specs, but was wondering if anyone else has tried to run Lion on this laptop and what your experience was. Does Lion support Intel Sandy Bridge integrated graphics?
According to Acer, these are the specs:
- 2nd gen Intel Core i3 2.2GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
- 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet LAN
- Built-in 1.3 Megaixel HD Webcam
- High-Definition Audio with Dolby Advanced Audio v2 audio enhancement