Editing Custom Connector info for Intel HD Graphics? (Gma5700, Arrandale, OSX Lion)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
You guys know how to code it? If you write it, I will test it.

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

You guys know how to code it? If you write it, I will test it.

If something world needs is definitely more clueless testers. How helpful can you be by testing something you have no idea how it works? Zero. You are posting to these threads for so long that you could have learn a lot since start but seems it's much more comfortable to wait for someone else to do real work. And no, this is not personal - it goes for all "I will test it guys". If someone can code/change the kext -> he/she most definitely can test it.

Soin summary,the things wewant to doare:
1)ResolutionPatchBootloaderChameleon

Done that - you can take a look at my github account. It won't work. Remapping BIOS space is not so trivial as on pre-i3/i5/i7 processors. Asked at Intel forum - got zero answers/help.

2)Tryeditingkext:Changeinfoconnector

There is no connector info in Framebuffer kext for this videocard.

3)Tryeditingkext:Changemuxerkext.Yes, butwhatthiskext?

I have no idea what this means. There is a big key on the bottom of your keyboard. It is called "space key" - it separates words with invisible delimiter making them easier to read.

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Anyone here knows how to write C or C++ or Intel assembler? Any of those? + knowing at least a bit about how computers work? And want to learn more? Anyone used hexeditor before? Let's see what we have here and if we can work with this. I personally don't have i5 laptop anymore but my gf has one so I will be able to participate if we assemble a team.

iAngelo

iAngelo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

I have no idea what this means. There is a big key on the bottom of your keyboard. It is called "space key" - it separates words with invisible delimiter making them easier to read.

I use google translator! Excuse me if it is not clear!
I meant to say: What is the kext that has the task of making the switch of video card intel/nvidia'.This question came to me after I read the post #19 of "Leon Hong"

I do not know programming I'm sorry. My intention was to give the initiative,since the situationon the Intel HD was stopped.

Leon Hong

Leon Hong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

If something world needs is definitely more clueless testers. How helpful can you be by testing something you have no idea how it works? Zero. You are posting to these threads for so long that you could have learn a lot since start but seems it's much more comfortable to wait for someone else to do real work. And no, this is not personal - it goes for all "I will test it guys". If someone can code/change the kext -> he/she most definitely can test it.

Done that - you can take a look at my github account. It won't work. Remapping BIOS space is not so trivial as on pre-i3/i5/i7 processors. Asked at Intel forum - got zero answers/help.

There is no connector info in Framebuffer kext for this videocard.

Yes dear oki270. All your words are so correct that none of the 5700 users will accept the truth once they find out the realities. I will give everybody the reverse-engineered C files of the 3 kexts we mentioned above. One will see that the codes are totally HOPELESS after checking them...

Inspite of the facts, yes, I am personally sticking to it, and keep my EP121 from being sold... (But I am almost reaching the red-lines!!)

Attached File  archive.zip   564.08KB   82 downloads

iAngelo

iAngelo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
@Leon Hong

The hope is last to die!
Please tell me the steps you did to get these files?
You could do the reverse engineering of "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB" so as to compare the differences with "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"?
Thank you in advance for your time!

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Yes dear oki270. All your words are so correct that none of the 5700 users will accept the truth once they find out the realities. I will give everybody the reverse-engineered C files of the 3 kexts we mentioned above. One will see that the codes are totally HOPELESS after checking them...

Inspite of the facts, yes, I am personally sticking to it, and keep my EP121 from being sold... (But I am almost reaching the red-lines!!)

So test these?

irako

irako

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

So test these?

I wanna test too... So please tell me if those are for Snow Leo or Lion and if just install with kext helper or how... Thnx in advanced!!!

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Have you seen this ?

http://www.insanelym...=223754&st=1297

oztiz

oztiz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I got the half screen on vga port when using os-info:

FFFFFFFF

This is written out of memory, so it might be that I remember the os-info string wrong...
But I think connector is in os-info string.

If I change 3049 to 3149, I go right in to kernel panic.
FFFFFFFF -> Is this "Always Ignore"?

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
So basically, you have to redirect the external monitor to the internal monitor right?

Leon Hong

Leon Hong

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
@oztiz

I got the half screen on vga port when using os-info:

FFFFFFFF

This is written out of memory, so it might be that I remember the os-info string wrong...
But I think connector is in os-info string.

If I change 3049 to 3149, I go right in to kernel panic.
FFFFFFFF -> Is this "Always Ignore"?

Where are the os-infos from? On MBP6,1 it should be:

<30 49 01 11 01 10 08 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ff ff ff ff>

@Leon Hong

The hope is last to die!
Please tell me the steps you did to get these files?
You could do the reverse engineering of "AppleIntelGMAX3100FB" so as to compare the differences with "AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB"?
Thank you in advance for your time!

I used IDA Pro to decompile these. Here are the X3100 and HD3000 FB decompiled C files, and they look like normal FB files to include the connector infos:

Attached Files

oztiz

oztiz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
hi!

I'm just trying and failing with random numbers. But I use the _osinfoList from AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB as a "guide". And trying to dig out some (os)info from http://cgit.freedesk...ntel-gpu-tools/
I have also noticed the name "osinfo" in some log files left by the nvidia windows optimus driver... But no data...
I guess the reason I only got half screen is that I only got one pipe activated... or what do you think?

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
dead i guess...Im selling my laptop for $450 now.

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
i have just installed lion and i can boot without a problem but still i can't get the GPU to work (intelHDGraphics) since this has been unsolved problem i was thinking of the possibility of upgrading the cpu core i3 370M to the second generation sandy bridge which has a supported GPU. don't know if this is possible but after i open my laptop the cpu and its gpu are replaceable which led me to think of that possibility

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Must check the socket size first. I can upgrade to the i5 in my laptop.

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
so u mean its possible to switch from arrandale to sandy bridge if the socket size is ok or u mean u can only switch to a more powerful arrandale

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
Is there a method to disable Intel HD Graphics? Or a way to enable QE/CL/CI and/or native resolution on Intel HD Graphics?

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Its not sandy bridge still, its the older model i5.

sgarbesi

sgarbesi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

How exactly did you decompile these?

I have a EP121 as well and currently have QE/CI enabled on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I have an idea of how to get it ported and working for Lion, but it's going to take some time. I also code for a living, so coding might be an option if someone points me in the right direction. Basically we need to get QE/CI working on a computer with Intel HD Graphics (which I currently have on SL), decompile the working drivers there to see what's going on, then attempt to inject/patch the newer extensions with that old method. May be doable may not be.

Here goes a screen shot for the doubters. This is an EP121.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy