1 reply to this topic

denver_dino

denver_dino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I am about to begin the design of a completely custom case and it is the first time I do that. It will basically be a simple square box for a mini itx board. The box will be made with plexiglass material.

My question is the following. What about EMI protection? Is the shielding just required by the FCC to protect other electronic devices or is my custom computer going to have some troubles running unprotected like that? Moreover, I plan on installing at least 2 wifi antenna just a few millimeters away from the motherboard.

Has anyone some experience with this?

Thank you for sharing your experiences

Denver_dino

darklandman

darklandman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm sure you should be fine. I've seen examples of case such as you are describing such as 'eyas' on overclock.net. And I've never heard of any problems not to mention you get plexi cases anyway :thumbsup_anim:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom case, shielding, wifi, EMI protection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy