bsides, on 09 May 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:
Hi ugokind, just passed by this post... maybe my signature links can help you. I run Lion 10.7.3 here with some problems as of now, but none of them are really huge.
- Bluetooth is pure trash. We know it. I bought a generic dongle for like $5 and it works with it (actually R$15 in my currency).
- Card Reader is also pure trash. I don't know how to make it work but I also don't care. Like bluetooth I don't really use it.
- Graphics work ok, but sometimes the system freezes, the screen start to crash on refresh (like moving a window) but soon it resets itself and come back from a soft-reset (it's like the system logs out the user and log back in instantly and reopen all the apps opened before). It doesn't happen often, more like once in a week, but they happen.
- The HDMI out doesn't support sound now. There is a patch somewhere that make it work I think (in olarila.com) but it requires hours to make it work... and I still couldn't do. Regardless, I almost never use it as well. I have external sound boxes so I plug it normally at the sound-out and it works.
- Camera: it works, but it's really terrible. Not really my thing too, but would be nice to have some better functionality. As of now, when it's on by some application you can count around 5min and the system will have some hangs here and there. It doesn't freeze thou, but it looks like a bad thing to keep it up.
Regardless those issues I use this configuration fully to work and hard resets are uncommon (but happens).
If you need my kexts in extra or /s/l/e and my /extra contents just let me know.
I am trying Mountain Lion DP3 in another partition and I got it to boot. Without wireless network or sound, it is up and running (minor graphic glitches, but i havent installed any different kexts yet).
as I wrote above.. I spent many time changing hardware
I replaced the camera.. with one from hp dv series.. ok the asus one is great.. but I'm angry when the camera connects only if you launch the camera control before
the BT : I bought this one!! http://www.ebay.it/itm/220993925414
I took the pins from the internal PCIexpress motherboard with lens and a microwatt solder. I took the +5v and the ground from the pcb of the USB internal. And I've created a new usb host device for the BT.
The BT4 is important because it's the same used in iphone and MBP. I took a lot of time to wait and discover one that match the same kind of chipset. And the ML DP4 is the 1st release that support BT4 in the plist of broadcom plugin inside the iobluetooth family.kext
I did style exercises in the latest DP4 release only not to forgive my method.. but with or without my DSDT I never find strong differences between both boots. Apart to see the exact name of a device.. sincerely I never have found that one boot is better than the other.
The real differences are if you see the LPC and SMC are loded properly..
But my experiences stops with Lion about sleep and CPU stepper performances.. and in the forum I never seen the real solution to obtain a good AICPM with SMC.. apart if you are a geek to extract and compile SSDT table or to do a BIOS mod.
artimess, on 22 May 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:
First, thanks so much for posting your dsdt and other necessary files. I have a G53SW, and used your dsdt and everything works great. I used a modified AppleHDA with couple of lines to get HDMI working. I found it in Tonymac and it works great, no KP, sound quality is great.
The only issue I have, besides of course BT and card reader, is that when machine wakes up from hibernation, I have no sound and I have to reboot to get the sound working. Other than that I have been using your dsdt for the last few days and NO ONE SINGLE kp, thanks to you, this is the most stable I have ever been.
Since my model is somewhat different from yours, I am wondering if it could be possible for you to post your original dsdt, that way I can compare with my original and port only your changes to mine.
Also do you have any idea how one could fix the loss of sound after sleep, probably in dsdt, but where and how?
PS: I run 10.7.4, with its original kernel, your lapic fixed keep giving me "Still waiting for root device" message
Also to get wireless work on 10.7.4 I had to downgrade IO802... kext to the one in 10.7.2
I like your mods in the AppleHDA.
I never want to run Voodoo.. can you tell me how you got it running.. or may I have yours?