• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Black SER

Black SER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
No one wants to do the wrapping and by the time someone finally gets it done. The laptop will be older than the hills. If you want wireless change your card....unless your volunteering to wrap the OEM card.

CanadaManEg

CanadaManEg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I might look into it as the Intel wireless card is almost standard - as far as I know - but for now I will be more interested in getting Mac fully functional on my new z570, i7 :), then dual boot it with windows (I saw this feature on the new Mac machines with Lion). Have you tried that?

Black SER

Black SER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Updated to 10.7.3 with a KP. It was possibly due to the AppleIntelCPUPowerMgmt.kext.

CanadaManEg

CanadaManEg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I managed to install Lion using tonymac's method (##### + ##### 4.2.1). I didn't flash my BIOS and I didn't replace my wifi card as I'm ok with just ethernet.

My Ethernet card is not working, I tried installing couple of drivers I found online on OSX86.net with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

I also was unable to get the sound to work, and causes KP. Honestly I didn't understand what to do with the files, especially how to patch voodoo with the relevant ktext.

Thanks,

CanadaManEg

CanadaManEg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
It's shown as working but never pics the correct ip, subnet, or gateway. manual configuration doesn't work either.

Black SER

Black SER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
I totally know what you did because when it I was at my earlier stages with this laptop it also happened to me. Let me guess you installed ##### with the realtek driver. Thats the wrong kext. It is not working even thou it says it is trust me. I haven't really looked into the correct kext beacuse I dont use wired connection.

CanadaManEg

CanadaManEg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The interesting thing is, I have exactly the same realtek ethernet card on a dell laptop (Inspiron 1564) and it worked for me before with no single issue. I really don't know how to get it to work but I'm updating Lion to 10.7.3 and let's see if I can keep this installation healthy.

By the way another way to have wireless network connection while keeping your warranty is just to use an external wireless card. I used my iPhone to connect to the Internet, and it works like a charm (I'm assuming another USB wireless card should work)
Update: I successfully updated to 10.7.3 and used D-Link DWA-131 for wireless network (Official driver for 10.6.x work OOB on Lion)

Black SER

Black SER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Did you ever get your mic to work? Sorry If I am revisiting a solved problem but I am using VoodooHDA 2.7.3. But I have a ACL 665. I know this isn't the right thread but If I post a topic it usually doesn't get replied too.

But if you can help, this is my problem.

ACL 665. I have a unmodified DSDT, If I use the ACL 665 drivers I have absolutely no sound. Uninstall drivers, install VoodooHDA 10.7.3, uninstall appleHDA.kext, repair permissions and I get Larsen effect (mic is being rerouted to the speakers) but the speakers work. I read on a forum that if you rollback to VoodooHDA 2.6 it will fix the Larsen effect. Tried that, IT WORKED but... my speakers were at an inaudible level. So I updated back up to 2.7.3 because I would rather have sound that a mic. Now I am sitting on the Larsen effect (Can be disabled by VoodooHDA Prefpane, changing the input gain from the speakers to 0) but it still doesn't solve the mic not working.

Any help is appreciated, and if your solution doesn't help me, oh well at least I learned a little more!

Assuming your Device ID is 1c20 8086. I got a working VoodooHDA which will remove the Larsen Effect and get our mic working. Please delete your old VoodooHDA before installing this one via Kext Ultility. I also attached a patched DSDT for our laptop. It's located in the first post. Now a full working Laptop( -) the card reader. Enjoy!

CanadaManEg

CanadaManEg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I didn't need to use

VoodooHDA which gave me constant instability. I used DSDT from the original B570 in this site, but I got no working mic, and sleep problem (Maybe it goes to sleep OK, but for sure it doesn't wake up). Will try this DSDT.

Any feedback will be appreciated :) .. Thanks all ..

Update: External mic seems to work for me, but not internal mic.

Black SER

Black SER

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Hey Canadaman it seems like I moved onto 10.8. I will not be updating this forum post since i'm no longer on 10.7. My internal mic was working great on 10.7, but now I have HDMI-OUT on 10.8. I hope this tutorial will help some people.

ssuuki9

ssuuki9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
sortof related but for SL - am having a similar issue with voodoo 2.7.2. every time i reboot the prefpane doesn't remember the settings so the larsen feedback effect from mic to speakers gets turned on by default during the pci section of the boot where a click is heard. then the mic can be disbled essentially by turning all the input levels down for now. this gives me speaker and analog output at least, but the built in mic is way too soft for use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy