[Success] Lenovo z570 w/Lion 10.7.3 w/Core i7

Black SER

51 posts in this topic

haaha Sean.... he was private msg'ing me on the forum. It looks like he posted his screens in the wrong forum

Mangrio can you please edit your post and remove the screens from this post. This posting is for only the z570 and may confuse some new hackintosher's and what msg'r service are you most familier with? I think I have AIM

when i boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Lion USB i am getting "Still waiting for Boot Device" error. I already ask Black for this problem he asked me for Bios snaps.

I have also

Lenovo z570 Laptop.

My bios has been default settings besides changing boot device order. Only other thing changed is that it's flashed via the tool provided in the thread linked on this thread (For the wifi card replacement).

Are you sure your [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] usb drive was made correctly? You need an 8GB+ usb drive, as well as have it formatted to MBR. Otherwise it won't work.

Finally I installed Mac Os Lion on this laptop. My machine boots with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] USB but when i try to boot from HDD i get an error after hundreds of coding lines. Please give me suggestion how can i get rid of this error. Screenshot is attached

post-172414-0-44808100-1326809202_thumb.jpg

Interesting update - I am using the exact dsdt that macinsane is using (For his Lenovo B570)

The specs for our laptops seem to be identical, with the exception of the processor; it is only slightly different.

He has the Intel Core i3 2330M, while I have the Intel Core i3 2310M. I purchased this laptop from Office Depot for around 400 usd.. I have the 1024-3VU sub model. My WI-FI is now vanilla and my audio is using his AppleHDA. Everything seems to be working perfectly, and I don't have the annoying pop noise of VoodooHDA on login. (Got rid of VoodooLauncher completely)

I cant tell you exactly about the core i5 or i3..

All gestures work fine but im not really into zooming with two fingers etc. Just as long as i can scroll and click then im fine.

The reason why we have to remove the wifi card assuming you have the intel 1000 and you want to use a wireless connection is because it is not a supported card under osx.

YOUR HOW-TO IS PERFECTLY FINE...sorry for the caps. If you visit the B570 topic located here http://www.insanelym...howtopic=269586 he has a kext for our sleep problems and my sleep works perfectly fine except for the wifi problem that I have. Obviously you didn't use a modified dsdt so I won't even ask if you created one. And as far as the Voodoo is concerned I just used the Sound/2.7.2 from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. BTW is your mic on or not working. I seem to have that issue with either 2.7.2/2.7.3

And a way to avoid the KP on bootup is to delete Applehda after your 10.7.2 upgrade. So no need for the launcher.

Did you ever get your mic to work? Sorry If I am revisiting a solved problem but I am using VoodooHDA 2.7.3. But I have a ACL 665. I know this isn't the right thread but If I post a topic it usually doesn't get replied too.

But if you can help, this is my problem.

ACL 665. I have a unmodified DSDT, If I use the ACL 665 drivers I have absolutely no sound. Uninstall drivers, install VoodooHDA 10.7.3, uninstall appleHDA.kext, repair permissions and I get Larsen effect (mic is being rerouted to the speakers) but the speakers work. I read on a forum that if you rollback to VoodooHDA 2.6 it will fix the Larsen effect. Tried that, IT WORKED but... my speakers were at an inaudible level. So I updated back up to 2.7.3 because I would rather have sound that a mic. Now I am sitting on the Larsen effect (Can be disabled by VoodooHDA Prefpane, changing the input gain from the speakers to 0) but it still doesn't solve the mic not working.

Any help is appreciated, and if your solution doesn't help me, oh well at least I learned a little more!

Is that what it is called (larson effect)?....thank you so much. That is exactly my problem that im having. And anyone who says they have fixed it please let us know how you did it.. i also just lowered the speaker gain to 0 since it was really annoying.

Thank you for the reply Black SER. I'll change my machine to get i7 then .. by the way, the Intel wireless has Linux driver, shouldn't this mean that it's somehow supported by the X OS? Maybe with a little modification or wrapping instead of hardware change (and voiding the warranty)? Your thoughts?

I might look into it as the Intel wireless card is almost standard - as far as I know - but for now I will be more interested in getting Mac fully functional on my new z570, i7 :), then dual boot it with windows (I saw this feature on the new Mac machines with Lion). Have you tried that?

I managed to install Lion using tonymac's method ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 4.2.1). I didn't flash my BIOS and I didn't replace my wifi card as I'm ok with just ethernet.

My Ethernet card is not working, I tried installing couple of drivers I found online on OSX86.net with no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

I also was unable to get the sound to work, and causes KP. Honestly I didn't understand what to do with the files, especially how to patch voodoo with the relevant ktext.

Thanks,

I totally know what you did because when it I was at my earlier stages with this laptop it also happened to me. Let me guess you installed [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with the realtek driver. Thats the wrong kext. It is not working even thou it says it is trust me. I haven't really looked into the correct kext beacuse I dont use wired connection.

The interesting thing is, I have exactly the same realtek ethernet card on a dell laptop (Inspiron 1564) and it worked for me before with no single issue. I really don't know how to get it to work but I'm updating Lion to 10.7.3 and let's see if I can keep this installation healthy.

By the way another way to have wireless network connection while keeping your warranty is just to use an external wireless card. I used my iPhone to connect to the Internet, and it works like a charm (I'm assuming another USB wireless card should work)

Update: I successfully updated to 10.7.3 and used D-Link DWA-131 for wireless network (Official driver for 10.6.x work OOB on Lion)

Did you ever get your mic to work? Sorry If I am revisiting a solved problem but I am using VoodooHDA 2.7.3. But I have a ACL 665. I know this isn't the right thread but If I post a topic it usually doesn't get replied too.

But if you can help, this is my problem.

ACL 665. I have a unmodified DSDT, If I use the ACL 665 drivers I have absolutely no sound. Uninstall drivers, install VoodooHDA 10.7.3, uninstall appleHDA.kext, repair permissions and I get Larsen effect (mic is being rerouted to the speakers) but the speakers work. I read on a forum that if you rollback to VoodooHDA 2.6 it will fix the Larsen effect. Tried that, IT WORKED but... my speakers were at an inaudible level. So I updated back up to 2.7.3 because I would rather have sound that a mic. Now I am sitting on the Larsen effect (Can be disabled by VoodooHDA Prefpane, changing the input gain from the speakers to 0) but it still doesn't solve the mic not working.

Any help is appreciated, and if your solution doesn't help me, oh well at least I learned a little more!

Assuming your Device ID is 1c20 8086. I got a working VoodooHDA which will remove the Larsen Effect and get our mic working. Please delete your old VoodooHDA before installing this one via Kext Ultility. I also attached a patched DSDT for our laptop. It's located in the first post. Now a full working Laptop( -) the card reader. Enjoy!

I didn't need to use

VoodooHDA which gave me constant instability. I used DSDT from the original B570 in this site, but I got no working mic, and sleep problem (Maybe it goes to sleep OK, but for sure it doesn't wake up). Will try this DSDT.

Any feedback will be appreciated

:) .. Thanks all ..

Update: External mic seems to work for me, but not internal mic.