OS X Lion 10.7.3 11D16 is OUT

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
As others, check geekbench points to be sure you dont get stuck with slowest Pstate (speedstep stopped working) !

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

As others, check geekbench points to be sure you dont get stuck with slowest Pstate (speedstep stopped working) !

Just for info - Speedstep is still working on P8P67 Pro using the modified bios.

Majonéz

Majonéz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Maybe another bug in 11D16... When I want to start/stop the samba sharing in the system preferencies, the system stop responding... :S

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,453 posts

Just for info - Speedstep is still working on P8P67 Pro using the modified bios.

Hi. Please tell us, How is possible? If NOT working in genuine Macs (I have 4 reports)... AND of course 4 Hackintosh more.

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:
Don't FORGET this relase is 1st BETA!!! It's normally to have a lot of problems...

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,930 posts

Don't FORGET this relase is 1st BETA!!! It's normally to have a lot of problems...

not necessarily ! :)

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Hi. Please tell us, How is possible? If NOT working in genuine Macs (I have 4 reports)... AND of course 4 Hackintosh more.

I don't know HOW it's possible - I'm just telling you what I am seeing. My Geekbench scores are still over 12,000 which to me suggests that speedstep is still working.

Without speedstep my Geekbench scores are usually around 8,000.

This is on a P8P67 Pro with a 2500k and 10.7.3 11D16

Attached File  Screen_Shot_2011_11_22_at_06.45.37.png   132.98KB   69 downloads

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
If the bug has no effect it may depends from CPU type and/or smbios MacModel.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

If the bug has no effect it may depends from CPU type and/or smbios MacModel.

I will try changing the mac model in smbios tonight after work and see if that changes things (unless anybody with the problem would like to beat me to it lol).

J_Freman

J_Freman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Modifed BIOS for ASUS p8P67 Pro? Where??

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Modifed BIOS for ASUS p8P67 Pro? Where??

It's discussed from page 16 of this thread onwards http://www.insanelym...p...1312&st=300 but be warned if done wrong you could brick your mobo.

kirasir

kirasir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Geekbench 2.1.13 :(

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Geekbench 2.1.13 :)

Why is that a problem? Without Speedstep using the same version my results fall to the 8000 range - the version of geekbench should have nothing to do with it.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
Yep, geekbench version DOESNT matter to check if xpu stays on slowest PSTATE. There are only very minor results diff between gb versions. And the diff by non working speedstep is so huge (diff >= 30%) that minor gb diffs between versions (much less than 5%) doesnt matter.

juanerson

juanerson

InsanelyMac Legend

• Local Moderators
  • 1,453 posts
And what about MSR Dumper check? "Maybe" his CPU is stuck in the HIGHEST P-State.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Yep, geekbench version DOESNT matter to check if xpu stays on slowest PSTATE. There are only very minor results diff between gb versions. And the diff by non working speedstep is so huge (diff >= 30%) that minor gb diffs between versions (much less than 5%) doesnt matter.

Just tried smbios using MacBookPro8,3 definition and still get 12,000 (12,264).

If I can find the post for msrdumper I will try that and see if it is stuck at highest speed..

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

And what about MSR Dumper check? "Maybe" his CPU is stuck in the HIGHEST P-State.

Nope I have the following in the kernel log..

Nov 22 20:06:42 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
Nov 22 20:06:42 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 48
Nov 22 20:06:43 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(48)
Nov 22 20:06:43 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 48

So it is stepping up and down correctly (I've only ever had 2 steps, never looked into why).

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Nope I have the following in the kernel log..

Nov 22 20:06:42 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
Nov 22 20:06:42 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 48
Nov 22 20:06:43 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(48)
Nov 22 20:06:43 Andy-Stubbss-Mac-Pro-3 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 48

So it is stepping up and down correctly (I've only ever had 2 steps, never looked into why).

Just to clarify this is with a P8P67 Pro with an i5 2500K (clocked to 4.8).

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Just to clarify this is with a P8P67 Pro with an i5 2500K (clocked to 4.8).

Ok I have done some more messing around with this and there definitely is an issue the problem is I can't work out where lol.

I was messing around creating a new dsdt earlier today so thought I'd try it on my 10.7.3 installation - the result was a geekbench score of 4448 which is roughly half of what I get at stock speeds on an i5 2500K which implies its running at the lowest clock speed - i.e. a 16x multiplier. I then put the original dsdt back and nothing changed 10.7.3 still runs at the lowest multiplier. To test the dsdt wasn't hosed I tried it on 10.7.2 - and it was fine, runs with speedstepping working as you would expect. Now for the life of me all I changed between 10.7.3 with working speedstepping and a broken 10.7.3 was the dsdt and even putting the original back now wont fix it.

Something in fruitland aint right lol

kirasir

kirasir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
With this "Just to clarify this is with a P8P67 Pro with an i5 2500K (clocked to 4.8)" intel technology not working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy