49 replies to this topic

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Getting OSX to work with my PC
I cant compare Guild Wars 2 on my PC but if you download Cinebench http://www.maxon.net...h/overview.html I can see if the problem is your graphics card or if its just OSX itself

k, will do. also gonna remove the power management kext anyway

Ok, I couldn't find any differences in the GeForceGLDriver.bundle so I didn't modify it, but if the kext still doesn't work I recommend installing the modified GeForce bundle from post #4. The kext was most likely giving you the kernel panic so installing the bundle shouldn't give you one.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Got a KP, but I guess that's because I remove the power management kext?

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Got a KP, but I guess that's because I remove the power management kext?

Possibly, was there a certain kext in the kernel panic code? There is usually only one, and it was probably the NVDAGF100HAL kext

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Ahhh, awesome. I'll try that app and report back.

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
According to some users the GTX 560 non-TI works out of the box on ML. But you need to install the NvidiaCL Enabler.
You need to register for an account and download iMultiBeast ML. It has alot of cool tweaks and drivers but for now just install the OpenCL Enabler.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Yup, did -v and it was NVDAGF100HAL

Ok, downloading http://www.tonymacx8...?do=file&id=155 now

Hmmm, I dont see NvidiaCL Enabler http://d.pr/i/hfd2

Which one do I chose? http://d.pr/i/ngxN. So this will just add whatever kexts or whatever it does? I wont have to redo parts of my /Extra folder?

Ok, I see. Chose just the one nVidia Open CL patch. Any way I can confirm that its installed? I noticed it said 'upgrade' when I selected it. Does that mean I already had that patch installed?

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
It should be the 10.8.x OpenCL patch, the first one under OpenCL Patch.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Oops, I selected the second one. Will that be a problem? Can I just install the first one too?

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
This just installs kexts and patches, if any of them go wrong, you would have to remove it manually, but the installation is automated. Your card is definitely supported in this patch so nothing should go wrong.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
ok, well, i installed the first one after having already installed the second one, did a reboot, and im here, so i guess it worked. guess ill try that benchmarking thing now.

Still terrible FPS on GW2

Well, here's that http://d.pr/i/ieBo and http://d.pr/i/BIDx

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

ok, well, i installed the first one after having already installed the second one, did a reboot, and im here, so i guess it worked. guess ill try that benchmarking thing now.

Still terrible FPS on GW2

Ok, the most important part is the FPS in the OpenGL benchmark, it should stay close to 50 or 60 FPS. If it stays consistently below 30 FPS then you have a problem.
I need to go to bed its 1 AM where I am.
Ill be back in like 14 hours. Ill help you troubleshoot more then.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Ok, cool
Thanks
Yeah, the benchmark was horrible

1am here in NY as well.

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Alright, Im back. Ya those benchmarks seem low. Here are mine http://d.pr/f/HFDH

This command will enable OpenGL on GTX 5xx cards in Mountain Lion.

sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x­87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\­xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\­x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriv­er.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Copy and paste that into terminal and hit enter, then enter your password and reboot.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
Says no substitutions made http://d.pr/i/XLp6

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Im looking into mountain lion more and it says it supports the GTX 5xx series out of the box, so try putting No for GraphicsEnabler instead of Yes in the org.chameleon.boot.plist. This should cause the original Mountain Lion drivers to load instead of the old ones.

Try the code again, I just looked at your screenshot of the terminal and i saw GeForceGLDriv-er.bundle instead of GeForceGLDriver.bundle. That was probably why you were getting "No Substitutions made"

sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x­87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\­xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\­x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriv­er.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
I get a black screen when I do GraphicsEnabler=No

Yeah, i did that at first, but i corrected it and still got no substitutions.

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
ML might not be loading the correct drivers if your system definition is wrong. Go to about this mac and click more info. It should say Mac Pro early 2008. If it doesn't say that then you can change the system definition in the iMultiBeast program, change it to macpro 3,1.

dannymichel

dannymichel

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
I thought you had to have a MacPro 4,1 for the nVidia graphics to load correctly

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I thought you had to have a MacPro 4,1 for the nVidia graphics to load correctly

I was told it was 3,1. And its worked for me so far

KrazyKiwi

KrazyKiwi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
It seems like OpenCI isnt enabled, try using iMultiBeast to try enabling it again. People reported having simmilar frame rates as yours and then when they enabled OpenCI they had frame rates similar to mine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy