Quadro FX 1700 Issues-10.6.8 and speed

PookyMacMan

6 posts in this topic

So, I really enjoy almost everything about this card (kicks the pants off of my Radeon X1300), but there are two annoying issues that I would like to get solved.

I used this method that I wrote up. I have QE/CI working with an EFI string, but I do not have any patched DSDT.

So, I would really like to use 10.6.8, but I'm stuck on 10.6.7 because whenever I boot to 10.6.8 I get a garbled screen! (I had this problem also with my Radeon X1300, but it was a blue screen instead of a garbled screen.) I can take a pic if anybody wants to see it. I don't know what is the cause, but I cannot boot to 10.6.8 with supported graphics. I tried PciRoot=1, but nothing changed...

Also, I am a little disappointed about the performance. Some games and screensavers that perform smoothly on a Radeon X1600 in an Intel iMac (and even on an old Radeon 9600 in an eMac) have glitches on my Quadro. I'm a newbie to graphics, so I don't know about benchmark stuff, but (correct me if I'm wrong) I believe that my Quadro FX 1700 should (theoretically) perform better than either of the above Radeons.

Thank you ahead of time! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump 2.0

I don't mean to be pushy, but I would love any suggestions. I really, really want my card to work right...:(

Nvidia Q 1700 isnt (today) an fast gpu. Its based on Nvidia 8600GT Chip.

Without any OpeCL Benchmark values you post we cant say if its an problem (too slow) or normal.

Try OpenCL Oceanwave Benchmark to see if you gpu works in general. If OK you should get FPS like Nvidia 8600GT or 8800GS (less).

So between 35 FPS and 60 FPS are OK.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=268209