macinsane, on Nov 13 2011, 02:30 PM, said:
Have you installed NullCPUPowermangement.kext or the modified kexts from my second attachment (and repaired permissions with KextUtility/KextWizard)? Have you installed SleepEnabler? If so type on boot "pmVersion=0", delete SleepEnabler, repair permissions and reboot.
If that doesn't help can you reboot in verbose (-v) mode and take another picture?
Another suggestion: If you have installed AnyCardReader.kext then remove it. It's useless and can cause KP's.
Thanks for your quick response and apologize in advance for my cluelessness...
in iATKOS I made sure to select FakeSMC and power management. I did run KextUtility on the initial (successful) bootup, but did not install any kexts -NullCPU nor any kexts from modified 2nd attachment(via KextUtility or otherwise). Did not install SleepEnabler or AnyCardReader.kext.
In any case, what is the proper method to actually install kexts and when in order (Step 11?)?
I'm assuming the easiest way to install the (modified) kexts is with KextUtility and in that case, I will need to reinstall (start at Step 1- see below) so I can run KextUtility directly on the Lenovo. Is this correct?
Please correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong- Basically, I have to use that first successful bootup to install all the proper kexts (with KextUtility?) in order to prevent future kernal panics (and other problems)...And the only/best/easiest way to do that (at this point) is to reinstall (aka start fresh with running my iATKOS/chameleon boot drive). <Seems like a lot, but what do I know (Answer: Not alot)>
<I will attempt to start in -v (Verbose mode) and see where I'm at there.>
Here are my (original) notes simplified/modified from your guide.
1)Format and partition USB drive as Mac OSX/Master Boot Record. Label it iATKOS_L1.
2)Restore iATKOS disk image to USB drive with DiskUtility or Carbon Copy Cloner.
3) Copy smbios.plist (provided in MacInsane's kext folder) to Extras folder on iATKOS drive.
3a) Copy over other kexts (provided in Macto /Extras. Replace (Is step 3 neccessary?)
4) Install Chameleon on iATKOS_L1 USB drive.
5) Start Lenovo. F12 to select boot from USB drive. Wait for iATKOS to start.
6)Troubleshoot/work backwards if iATKOS does not start.
7) Formt & Partition OS hard drive (Mac OSX/MBR) and install iATKOS.
7a) Make sure to select Graphics Enabler (2.1), AHCI Sata, RealtekRTL81xx, PS/2, FakeSMC, powermangement/NullCPU, and other essential items. (Does this step actually install essential kexts or do I still have to install on first Boot?)
8) Restart. Stuck at grey Apple screen - most likely smbio.plist (needed to boot properly)
9) Boot from iATKOS USB drive, run terminal, and copy over smbios.plist (MacBook Pro8,1).
10) Restart. OS X Lion boots nicely. Keyboard, trackpad, webcam, and other essentials work properly. Trackpad a bit jitteryly/not smooth. No wifi/Airport.
11) At this point, I'm a little lost - do I need to install kexts now? Run KextUtility + repair permissions?
11a) Restarted without proper install of kexts, results in Kernal Panic. Start back at 1)? Thinking there's got to be an easier way. Attempt to stay patient with n00bish self...
12) Return to InsanelyMac forum.
PS- My hope is through the assistance of MacInsane and other members, we can create a more comprehensive guide for Lenovo B570 hackintoshers.