Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

This guide is for the Lenovo B570 but may work on other Lenovos as well. Try and report. Thank you!

*This topic isn't maintained anymore*

I get personal messages from different users every week with problems I always try to solve to best of my knowledge. But please: Ask your questions publicly so that others can participate! Users with similar laptops like the z570, z560 and so on are welcome to share their problems (and possible solutions) too. And as always: Please google first before asking questions :) Thank you all!

The B570 is a fine laptop and everything is working so far. There are two is one unresolved problems left:

1. The Realtek Cardreader does not work. AnyCardreader.kext is only cosmetic (makes the USB2.0-CRW appear as Apple Cardreader in System Profiler). All users with the device id 0x0139 (not only the Lenovo's) seem to have the same problem.

2. Update: Native speed stepping. I have uploaded a working AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext (credits go to "archintosh") patched with SpeedStepper and IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext in which I dropped a MacbookPro8.1.plist. The AICPUPM kext is 166 (means 10.7.0/10.7.1 but works fine with 10.7.2). Deleted NullCPU and SleepEnabler and you are good to go!
Lisa1982 reported that Maldon's Speed Stepper works for the Z570 with 10.7 and 10.7.1 (but not 10.7.2). I cannot confirm that for the B570. Some suggested that we won't have native power management until someone comes up with a boot loader fully compatible with the new UEFI BIOS (which the B570 is using). Somehow it not only forces us to use MBR formatted hard drives but makes OS X unable to read the correct P- and C-States. The why is beyond my understanding (if someone wants to explain it to me, feel free to do so, I'm an interested amateur :)). Anyway: I can use my B570 for about 3 hours on battery (goes down sometimes to 2 1/2 if watching movies) and that is what Lenovo states on their website as the maximum. ;)

Lenovo B570 system specs:
Core i3 2330m (there are versions with Pentium B or Core i5)
Intel HD3000
Realtek RTL8xxx ethernet
Atheros AR9285 wireless
ALC272
Realtek cardreader

All kexts needed are provided below. Update: Uploaded new and updated kexts including Sleepenabler for 10.7.2. (For old Sleepenabler for 10.7 or 10.7.1 please go to OSx86.net.)

Update to 10.7.2: Works without any problems. Delete SleepEnabler.kext and use System Update. After update restore the modified WLAN and audio kexts. You find them below.

INSTALL GUIDE

1. Preparations I

You will need a working OSX Install for preparing a USB boot drive.
For either retail install of Lion or using a distro like iAtkosL1 you need a smbios.plist which identifies your system as Macbook Pro8,1 for OS X to recognize your HD 3000! Else the install will fail, because you won't be able to enter GUI.
Write your retail Lion copy or the iAtkos image to a 8GB or larger USB drive (which you have to format MBR style – not GUID because the B570 cannot boot GUID partitioned volumes*) using Carbon Copy Cloner or Disk Utility.
For the retail installation you need make some adjustments like copying essential kexts and modifying installer to install to MBR partitioned drives, please read one of the many guides around InsanelyMac for doing that.
I recommend the easy way using iAtkosL1 (which is nearly ready for our installation).

*That is not fully true: the B570 has UEFI (similar to real Macs) and so it natively boots Windows 7 x64 for example from GPT. Would be great if PC UEFI had HFS+ implementation. In theory you could boot OSX without any hack but in reality until PC UEFI has not implemented HFS drivers you could not boot from such a drive. You have to use the legacy MBR method. It is crazy that you have to use boot loader which fakes EFI to OS X and fakes legacy BIOS to an EFI PC. But don't let that bother you: you can install OS X just fine on your Lenovo :)

2. Preparations II
Like I said you need to put a Macbook Pro 8,1 smbios.plist in the Extra folder on your USB drive. In the System/Library/Extensions you put AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to make PS/2 Trackpad an Keyboard working (somehow the one that was with iAtkos didn't work for me). You have to unhide the folders using ShowAllFiles for example to access them. Install Chameleon boot loader on your USB drive. Chimera didn't work for me (I think because it uses some graphics enabling routines for the HD3000. You don't need GraphicsEnabler. Your HD 3000 will work OOB. Using GraphicsEnabler always led to KP's or non working QE Update: With Chameleon v2.1svn 1650 and higher GraphicsEnabler is working. Make sure not use GraphicsEnabler with earlier versions, because it could lead to kernel panics). Now you are good to go.

Update: After some weeks of daily using I now recommend GraphicsEnabler over the native solution (if you are using an up to date boot loader!). Had some glitches without it and some apps (like games created with Wine) crashed. GE did it for me. But again: don't use it with the boot loaders (Chameleon/Chimera) that come with iAtkosL1. Update first or the Intel HD kexts won't load.

3. Install
Not much to do here. Just boot your iAtkos USB drive. You have to select the AHCI Sata next, RealtekRTL81xx.kext, PS/2 kexts, FakeSMC and power management disablers (NullCPU). The last two are absolutely necessary to boot! Things like audio do we later.
Run install on your preferred drive (which has to be MBR partitioned too!).

4. First Boot
Yeah, you finally installed OS X and are excited on your first boot and then...nothing. The GUI won't start! Why? Because the smbios.plist the iAtkos installer put on your hard drive isn't Macbook Pro! So you have to boot in a working OS X environment and copy the working smbios.plist from there to your new install (again in the Extra folder). After doing that you can be happy :)
On first successful boot you will see the Bluetooth Assistant open up, which claims that you have no keyboard installed. Seems Voodoo PS/2 does not really tell OSX that there is a keyboard present. You have to plug in any USB keyboard (or Bluetooth if you have one ;)) to actually finish install. To get rid of that "error" on every boot, you have to disable this notification in the Bluetooth Assistant in System Preferences: click on "Advanced" button and uncheck "Open Bluetooth Assistant at startup if no keyboard is detected".

5. Post-Install
I provide you with a dsdt that has already been fixed in many ways. You can use it on B570 only and only on the core i3 versions, means: only on hardware that matches my configuration. But of course you can try it on your hardware, some fixes are generic and can work on other hardware. The fixes are USB, lid fix (for sleep), brightness control (haven't figured out how to assign the control to the correct fn-Keys yet) and Audio (for ALC272). This DSDT.aml should be in your Extra folder.
For working audio you need a patched AppleHDA (which has to be patched again on every major system update (to 10.7.2 e.g.) – so keep a backup). You can use VoodooHDA if you like but you won't have correct inputs then. HDMI shows up with both VoodooHDA and my fixed dsdt.aml for AppleHDA but haven't tested it yet. I don't need it (when using Voodoo you have to delete AppleHDA or else you get KP's!). I really recommend the "native" AppleHDA solution because you won't get any kernel panics with it. VoodooHDA is great if you have no clue what to do, but if you can use AppleHDA then use it! For battery we will use VoodooBattery. and for sleep we use SleepEnabler (which has to be updated on every major system update Update: For working PowerManagement and Sleep use the kexts attached below and you don't need to install SleepEnabler.kext or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext (from the first attachment) anymore. Install all the kexts in S/L/E with the help of Kext Wizard or Kext Utility. Be careful: If you do a system update in the future you need to have these patched PowerManagement kexts at hand and the NullCPUPowermanagement.kext (which is provided in the first attachment) or else you won't be able to boot anymore. Every time before you do a major system update install NullCPU in your S/L/E and after update delete it again and reinstall patched PowerManagement kexts.
For webcam you need to use the app CamTwist (start Photobooth e.g. and after that CamTwist and you will get a picture). Airport is working by using the patched IO80211Family.kext included in the first attachment. You have to reinstall it after every major system update.

Update III: Airport is working now without any patched next -- thanks to Sanky18 --- just edit your dsdt in the following way (or download pre-edited dsdt below):

Add this code to Device (RP02)

Device (ARPT)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
{
0x0B,
0x05
})
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x0C)
{
"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"AirPort"
}, [/b]
[b] "device-id",
Unicode ("*"),
"device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"AirPort"
}, [/b]
[b] "model",
Buffer (0x34)
{
"Atheros 9285 8802.11 b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter"
}, [/b]
[b] "subsystem-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x8F, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, [/b]
[b] "subsystem-vendor-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Update II: New DSDT.aml attached with all fixes plus HDMI support with AppleHDA (Lion shows it in System Profiler).

Update: For Skype to work you need CamTwist. Unfortunately it doesn't work for anything else. So you need CameraControl for Photobooth, FaceTime and iChat and CamTwist for Skype.[/u]

6. Finish
With luck you have now a working copy of Lion 10.7.1 on your B570. Cool.

There are some things that don't work so well and I would like to discuss them here.

7. Problems that need to be fixed:

Power Management: SOLVED

SpeedStepper prevents KP's. With that I have working sleep somehow (I added USB-Fixes to dsdt cause the usb devices seemed to have prevented sleep). I can put the notebook to sleep manually by using Fn+F1 but not by closing the lid (but it wakes up, when I open it...). The problem with speed stepper is that you have to get a new one with every system update or else you get KP. I would rather be independent.

Update: Using NullCPU and Sleepenabler now – together with USB and lid fix in dsdt I have working sleep now. Maldon's speed stepper only prevented KP's but didn't really enabled power management, means that you don't have more P-States than with NullCPU (and sleep doesn't work with it). Update: Speed Stepper for 10.7.2 does not work at all, KP on startup.
Update II: Now using 166 AICPUPM.kext patched with SpeedStepper which works fine in 10.7.2.

Audio: SOLVED

Update IV: I have uploaded another version of my DSDT and a new AppleHDA. It seems that the one I uploaded before breaks when system cache is used. With this new version of AppleHDA all errors on boot are gone (I guess it had something to do with not fully correct pin configs in the old one. Now no pin config is injected by DSDT and everything seems to be fine ;)).

Update III: Everything working now with patched AppleHDA from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7&hl=alc272 and my DSDT fix (which is a combination of several guides I have found around the net).

Update II:
Seems that every time Lion does use the kernel cache (happens randomly) AppleHDA is not loaded. I think it has something to do with SPDIF devices injected by the applied fix (no SPDIF in Lenovo B570). The other reason could be HDMI. Using KernelCache=No until I've found a proper fix for that. SOLVED

Update:
Using patched AppleHDA and dsdt fix from here now: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7&hl=alc272
Everything but HDMI works correctly now and no random KP's due to VoodooHDA anymore.

Using VoodooHDA outputs work. But inputs are not working correctly: the bit depth resets to 320k on every reboot and I have to put it manually to 44 or 48k in Audio Midi Setup and then everything works (haven't tested HDMI yet). Has anyone any idea how I can change the bit depth automaticaly on system start?

Boot time: SOLVED

Update IV: After weeks of thinking and searching, I finally found out, that the long boot time has nothing to do with Lion itself: The long boot time was caused by Parallels 7. Just uninstalled it and now Lion is using the kernel cache. No problems with Parallels 6.

The other thing that gets on my nerves is the damn long boot time. I've updated chameleon to 1573 and added UseKernelCache=Yes, repaired permissions and so on but I only get

CODE
/System/Library/Extensions is more recent than KernelCache (/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache), ignoring KernelCache

on every boot. I don't know what to do. Any ideas are welcome!

Update III:
Problem seems to be solved.

Update II:
Lion uses kernel cache randomly. Cannot figure out the reason why, I haven't changed anything. But using kernel cache seems to be good at all, because it prevents AppleHDA from starting correctly (See Audio-Update II).

Update:
Strange: after fresh install with iAtkos lion was using the kernel cache until I installed the first kext with Kextwizard. Since then the problem is back. Using Kext Utility and deleting the kernel cache didn't help. What's wrong?

Cardreader:

I followed several guides. Put my device and vendor ID's in AnyCardReader.kext. Nothing helps.

I hope that someone can give me (and others who are trying to get this notebook working) some good advises or ideas. Thanks! :D

New_Updated_Kexts.zip

PowerManagement.zip

Wifi_DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 9

I got the Lenovo B470, the spec. is nearly the same as your B570 except the sound controller is ALC272.

Since I see you have accomplished the installation of lion on it, may I know that your HD 3000 is running with QE/CI enabled (Transparent Menubar) or not? Or it is just able to change the resolution without the QE/CI enabled?

Thanks a lot!

I got the Lenovo B470, the spec. is nearly the same as your B570 except the sound controller is ALC272.

Since I see you have accomplished the installation of lion on it, may I know that your HD 3000 is running with QE/CI enabled (Transparent Menubar) or not? Or it is just able to change the resolution without the QE/CI enabled?

Thanks a lot!

The HD3000 is running with QE/CI and I'm able to change resolution.

I have some artifacts from time to time but nothing serious.

I'm not sure but I believe that the HD's can differ much between models, because I tried a DSDT Hack I saw on YouTube that should deal with the artifact problems with HD3000 on Lenovos and it totally scrambled my display!

But as I said, I can live with it.

Do you using Graphics Enabler? Because my HD is running only WITHOUT out. With GE I have no QE or worse I get KP's. Have you disabled it?

I presume that if you have the ALC272 you are using VoodooHDA too?

Have you any idea how to change bit depth in the plist?

The HD3000 is running with QE/CI and I'm able to change resolution.

I have some artifacts from time to time but nothing serious.

I'm not sure but I believe that the HD's can differ much between models, because I tried a DSDT Hack I saw on YouTube that should deal with the artifact problems with HD3000 on Lenovos and it totally scrambled my display!

But as I said, I can live with it.

Do you using Graphics Enabler? Because my HD is running only WITHOUT out. With GE I have no QE or worse I get KP's. Have you disabled it?

I presume that if you have the ALC272 you are using VoodooHDA too?

Have you any idea how to change bit depth in the plist?

I just built finished installation of iAntares 10.7.1 on it, most of the thing goes good. And yes for the ALC272 I use VoodooHDA 2.73, it drive good on sound with SSE2 enabled checked, however, I don't know how to change the bit depth of it.

Now, this built still have these problems:

1. built in screen brightness control is missing with Fn-up/down key, thought, I can use shade to fullfil this function

2. the Lenovo Cam is not work, black screen

3. No HDMI audio come out, Speaker is ok

I just built finished installation of iAntares 10.7.1 on it, most of the thing goes good. And yes for the ALC272 I use VoodooHDA 2.73, it drive good on sound with SSE2 enabled checked, however, I don't know how to change the bit depth of it.

Now, this built still have these problems:

1. built in screen brightness control is missing with Fn-up/down key, thought, I can use shade to fullfil this function

2. the Lenovo Cam is not work, black screen

3. No HDMI audio come out, Speaker is ok

1. I tried this ACPI Backlight and I'm having brightness control in my display settings now, but changing it makes no difference. I think my DSDT has to be corrected. Maybe you can give it a try and tell me how it worked.

2. For the webcam you have to use Camera Control. You can start it before or after starting Photobooth et al. and you'll get a picture (if your webcam is recognized at all, which you can do by adding correct ID's in the iSight next).

3. Audio really needs to be fixed. Since I've been searching so long now, I think it is impossible to add bit depths in VoodooHDA. That audio out is working correctly indicates that it has something to do with incorrect nodes for the other devices. But don't ask me how to do this. I tried patching AppleHDA with codec dumps but still no success.

1. I tried this ACPI Backlight and I'm having brightness control in my display settings now, but changing it makes no difference. I think my DSDT has to be corrected. Maybe you can give it a try and tell me how it worked.

2. For the webcam you have to use Camera Control. You can start it before or after starting Photobooth et al. and you'll get a picture (if your webcam is recognized at all, which you can do by adding correct ID's in the iSight next).

3. Audio really needs to be fixed. Since I've been searching so long now, I think it is impossible to add bit depths in VoodooHDA. That audio out is working correctly indicates that it has something to do with incorrect nodes for the other devices. But don't ask me how to do this. I tried patching AppleHDA with codec dumps but still no success.

1. For the backlight control, you don't need to use that ACPIBacklight.kext, just add few lines to the DSDT, then u get the brightness control and also on-screen display(the sun), but with another combination of key( Fn+Home = Increase Brightness, Fn+PgUp = Decrease Brightness). However, we only have 10 step of brightness, so just half of the meter will be used for the on-screen display. The line to add just after the (before the Device LID0)

Scope (_SB)

{

Device (PNLF)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))

Name (_CID, "backlight")

Name (_UID, 0x0A)

Name (_STA, 0x0B)

}

2. The webcam I use the cam twist to solve it, since the cam control need compile? I don't have the Xcode installed.

3. Audio is still no HDMI sound out, maybe later get a dump from linux will help.

4. For the USB2.0-CDW card reader, I will give up. This devices seems no successful record so far.

Cheer,

1. For the backlight control, you don't need to use that ACPIBacklight.kext, just add few lines to the DSDT, then u get the brightness control and also on-screen display(the sun), but with another combination of key( Fn+Home = Increase Brightness, Fn+PgUp = Decrease Brightness). However, we only have 10 step of brightness, so just half of the meter will be used for the on-screen display. The line to add just after the (before the Device LID0)

Scope (_SB)

{

Device (PNLF)

{

Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))

Name (_CID, "backlight")

Name (_UID, 0x0A)

Name (_STA, 0x0B)

}

2. The webcam I use the cam twist to solve it, since the cam control need compile? I don't have the Xcode installed.

3. Audio is still no HDMI sound out, maybe later get a dump from linux will help.

4. For the USB2.0-CDW card reader, I will give up. This devices seems no successful record so far.

Cheer,

1. Mine are on "Ins" and "Home". So I have to find out, how to change the keys...

2. Don't know but when cam twist works for you: great ! :P

3. I'm using the ALC272 patched AppleHDA with the patched dsdt HDEF section from here now:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7&hl=alc272

Deleted VoodooHDA and get no random KP's on boot anymore :P

HDMI doesn't work with it but I don't need it. For you, maybe a look at the dsdt code could tell you what to do. I believe you have to add HDMI to the graphics device.

4. Yep. So that everything else is working for me know, it freaks me out that this little damn thing does not. ;)

1. Mine are on "Ins" and "Home". So I have to find out, how to change the keys...

2. Don't know but when cam twist works for you: great ! :P

3. I'm using the ALC272 patched AppleHDA with the patched dsdt HDEF section from here now:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7&hl=alc272

Deleted VoodooHDA and get no random KP's on boot anymore :P

HDMI doesn't work with it but I don't need it. For you, maybe a look at the dsdt code could tell you what to do. I believe you have to add HDMI to the graphics device.

4. Yep. So that everything else is working for me know, it freaks me out that this little damn thing does not. ;)

Hello sorry, please upload dsdt HDEF patch...the file DSDT.aml for Lenovo G570

thanks

• Like 1

Hello sorry, please upload dsdt HDEF patch...the file DSDT.aml for Lenovo G570

thanks

Sorry I can't do that. Every dsdt is unique for every system and you have to dump it for yourself by using any dsdt editor around (DSDTSE for example). Then you can copy the code for the hdef device from the dsdt in the post into your dsdt (for detailed instructions look into DSDT forum). But it will only work if your model uses ALC272! Lenovo puts Conexant, ALC272 or Intel Audio in their B-series, so you just have to try ;)

Sorry I can't do that. Every dsdt is unique for every system and you have to dump it for yourself by using any dsdt editor around (DSDTSE for example). Then you can copy the code for the hdef device from the dsdt in the post into your dsdt (for detailed instructions look into DSDT forum). But it will only work if your model uses ALC272! Lenovo puts Conexant, ALC272 or Intel Audio in their B-series, so you just have to try ;)

Thanks....i have the model Conexant, the dsdt fix don't work for me, but the voodoohda 2.7.2 is ok, i have fixed the boot time problem with the bootloader Chimera 1.5.4, i have the full support native for Intel HD 3000 and the boot time is ok, kernel cache....try it...

Thanks....i have the model Conexant, the dsdt fix don't work for me, but the voodoohda 2.7.2 is ok, i have fixed the boot time problem with the bootloader Chimera 1.5.4, i have the full support native for Intel HD 3000 and the boot time is ok, kernel cache....try it...

Thanks, tried it. But unfortunately still the same with Chimera – GE gave me errors on boot and no QE in OS X and my bluetooth and audio didn't work anymore! Cache was used once on first boot and then never again.

I think I stay with Chameleon 1577. Better to live with OS X not using the cache and having a working system ;)

Thanks, tried it. But unfortunately still the same with Chimera – GE gave me errors on boot and no QE in OS X and my bluetooth and audio didn't work anymore! Cache was used once on first boot and then never again.

I think I stay with Chameleon 1577. Better to live with OS X not using the cache and having a working system :)

Very Strange!, i have problem with Chameleon any version freeze in the start bar(don't work any keys, F8 ecc..) with the quick load(mod setting) work but don't load the graphic kext....freeze image in the end of loading...but in background the system works....

With chimera i have stable system and work QE/CI... ;)

I'm different Notebook Lenovo G570 i3-2310m..

Very Strange!, i have problem with Chameleon any version freeze in the start bar(don't work any keys, F8 ecc..) with the quick load(mod setting) work but don't load the graphic kext....freeze image in the end of loading...but in background the system works....

With chimera i have stable system and work QE/CI... ;)

I'm different Notebook Lenovo G570 i3-2310m..

I had similar problems with Chameleon versions higher than 8xx (Chimera 1.5.4 is based on a 13xx build) that were instant reboots and so forth. Versions from 1537 and up changed it for me. I'm not such a professional that I could explain why. It is really strange and so is the GE thing. Most people have problems with their HD3000 NOT getting it to work without a proper GE.

For using the UseKernelCache=Yes in chameleon, you must move all kext in EE to SLE by using kext wizard or any apps like that. I read from web that if UseKernelCache is enabled, then it will ignore the kext in the EE, so the move of kext is a must. And I also did it and now is ok using the UseKernelCache=Yes.

If you are still on Chameleon under 1xxx, then the boot.plist filename is different. It is still com.apple.boot.plist, but when upping to chameleon over 1xxx, the boot.plist filename is redefined to name org.Chameleon.boot.plist. I guess that your instant reboot maybe due to without renaming the boot.plist file?

For the FaceTime to work properly, only the Chameleon v2.1 svn r1493 should be used, I try many, only this version can properly connected the FaceTime server and authorized.

Just some experiences shared,

cheers

For using the UseKernelCache=Yes in chameleon, you must move all kext in EE to SLE by using kext wizard or any apps like that. I read from web that if UseKernelCache is enabled, then it will ignore the kext in the EE, so the move of kext is a must. And I also did it and now is ok using the UseKernelCache=Yes.

If you are still on Chameleon under 1xxx, then the boot.plist filename is different. It is still com.apple.boot.plist, but when upping to chameleon over 1xxx, the boot.plist filename is redefined to name org.Chameleon.boot.plist. I guess that your instant reboot maybe due to without renaming the boot.plist file?

For the FaceTime to work properly, only the Chameleon v2.1 svn r1493 should be used, I try many, only this version can properly connected the FaceTime server and authorized.

Just some experiences shared,

cheers

1. I did all that already :) But I have good (?) news: wizard-like Lion started to use the cache (from time to time). I changed nothing. :D The problem is now: whenever it uses the cache my audio stops working :)

I think I've figured out why: the patched AppleHDA and dsdt fix by smartie77 injects SPDIF devices which my notebook doesn't have. When not using the cache (what means that Lion is forced to load kexts) it loads AppleHDA irrespective of the errors but with using the cache it exits. Update I think I fixed that. Seemed to be HDMI related. I added some fixes to my dsdt and now no errors on boot anymore and HDMI Audio is shown in System Profiler.

2. Tried that Chameleon but it didn't help. Still have to use Camera Control to get a picture.

Hi, I see you said you solve the LID sleep problem, and I have that issue, too. I don't know what method you use, but in my case, the LID sleep works great under 10.6.x, don't work in the Lion. After reading Macbook3,1 dsdt file. I found this part under Device (LID0) is different with mine. like :

{

0x18,

0x03

})

And my is:

{

0x1B,

0x03

})

So, i try to change the 0x1B to 0x18, it turns out be true, when i close lid, the sleep works well. But when open it, laptop doesn't wakeup. It needs manual wakeup by pressing power button or keyboard.

Can you give some advice or your method? Thanks a lot.

Hi, I see you said you solve the LID sleep problem, and I have that issue, too. I don't know what method you use, but in my case, the LID sleep works great under 10.6.x, don't work in the Lion. After reading Macbook3,1 dsdt file. I found this part under Device (LID0) is different with mine. like :

And my is:

So, i try to change the 0x1B to 0x18, it turns out be true, when i close lid, the sleep works well. But when open it, laptop doesn't wakeup. It needs manual wakeup by pressing power button or keyboard.

Can you give some advice or your method? Thanks a lot.

My LID device looks like this:

Device (LID0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
		Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Return (Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0B, 
				0x04
			})
		}

Name (LIDS, One)
		Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.KLID, LIDS)
			XOr (LIDS, One, Local0)
			If (Local0)
			{
				Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
			}

Return (LIDS)
		}

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (ECON)
			{
				Store (Arg0, ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.LIDW)
			}
			Else
			{
				If (Arg0)
				{
					MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, 0x10)
				}
				Else
				{
					MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, Zero)
				}
			}
		}

Try it. But I cannot assure you that it will work. Any information about your configuration would be helpful. :gun:

My LID device looks like this:

Device (LID0)
	{
		Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Return (Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0B, 
				0x04
			})
		}

Name (LIDS, One)
		{
			Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.KLID, LIDS)
			XOr (LIDS, One, Local0)
			If (Local0)
			{
				Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
			}

Return (LIDS)
		}

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (ECON)
			{
				Store (Arg0, ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.LIDW)
			}
			Else
			{
				If (Arg0)
				{
					MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, 0x10)
				}
				Else
				{
					MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, Zero)
				}
			}
		}

Try it. But I cannot assure you that it will work. Any information about your configuration would be helpful. :)

I saw your dsdt before, it seems your lid sleep is controlled by EC, and my is not.

Here is the original LID device,

Device (LID0)
	{
		{
			Return (LPOL)
		}
		{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})
	}

The lid sleep doesn't work using above code, after edit like below can get it work great under snow leopard.

Device (LID0)
	{
		{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})
		{
			XOr (LPOL, One, Local0)
			If (Local0)
			{
				Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
			}
			Else
			{
				Store (One, LPOL)
			}
			Return (LPOL)
		}
	}

But it doesn't work for Lion. Last thing i do is i replied in the topic before.

Here is my dsdt. Thanks

Mydsdt.aml.zip

I saw your dsdt before, it seems your lid sleep is controlled by EC, and my is not.

Here is the original LID device,

Device (LID0)
	{
		{
			Return (LPOL)
		}
		{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})
	}

The lid sleep doesn't work using above code, after edit like below can get it work great under snow leopard.

Device (LID0)
	{
		{
			0x1B, 
			0x03
		})
		{
			XOr (LPOL, One, Local0)
			If (Local0)
			{
				Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
			}
			Else
			{
				Store (One, LPOL)
			}
			Return (LPOL)
		}
	}

But it doesn't work for Lion. Last thing i do is i replied in the topic before.

Here is my dsdt. Thanks

Mydsdt.aml.zip

Are you using Sleepenabler or not? Have you correctly edited your UHCI and EHCI devices in your dsdt for sleep (or do you get wakes by USB devices when you look into Console)? When I look at your dsdt, it seems you have forgotten the UHCI devices. Look here: UHCI

Are you using Sleepenabler or not? Have you correctly edited your UHCI and EHCI devices in your dsdt for sleep (or do you get wakes by USB devices when you look into Console)? When I look at your dsdt, it seems you have forgotten the UHCI devices. Look here: UHCI

I don't use the sleepenabler, in my case i just need to edit the EHCx part can get sleep well, also UHC device can wakeup, console shows some logs as below:

Oct 19 22:11:11 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: sleep
Oct 19 22:32:30 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: Wake reason = 
Oct 19 22:32:30 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: System Wake
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: ABMod Waking up Touchpad setting setTapEnable to 1
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 2 on bus 0xfa connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101803)
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 3 on bus 0xfa connected or disconnected: portSC(0x301803)
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: The USB device USB Keyboard (Port 1 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: The USB device BCM2046 Bluetooth Device (Port 2 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (1)
Oct 19 22:32:41 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20060413092100000 0xbda 0x158 0x5195

I install Lion in my extend hard drive, i don't whether it causes the wakeup issue.

I don't use the sleepenabler, in my case i just need to edit the EHCx part can get sleep well, also UHC device can wakeup, console shows some logs as below:

Oct 19 22:11:11 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: sleep
Oct 19 22:32:30 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: Wake reason = 
Oct 19 22:32:30 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: System Wake
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: ApplePS2ALPSGlidePoint: ABMod Waking up Touchpad setting setTapEnable to 1
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 2 on bus 0xfa connected or disconnected: portSC(0x101803)
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 3 on bus 0xfa connected or disconnected: portSC(0x301803)
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: The USB device USB Keyboard (Port 1 of Hub at 0x5d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
Oct 19 22:32:40 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: The USB device BCM2046 Bluetooth Device (Port 2 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (1)
Oct 19 22:32:41 yuns-MacBook kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20060413092100000 0xbda 0x158 0x5195

I install Lion in my extend hard drive, i don't whether it causes the wakeup issue.

It looks like the common problem: your system is being waked up instantly by your usb devices. You have to fix it in your DSDT (DSDT Patcher does it for you, if you don't want to edit it yourself). And without SleepEnabler sleep isn't working for me either. Have to use both the usb fix in dsdt and SleepEnabler.

• Like 1

Hello, i have two problems, the output VGA is ok, but the max resolution setting is 1368X768, the resolution of internal monitor, is possible fix this???

Is Working in single monitor, is possible working dual monitor? (internal and external)

Thanks

Paolo

Hello, i have two problems, the output VGA is ok, but the max resolution setting is 1368X768, the resolution of internal monitor, is possible fix this???

Is Working in single monitor, is possible working dual monitor? (internal and external)

Thanks

Paolo

Are you using GraphicsEnabler?

Do you have the option for extended display in your display settings or video mirroring only (that could depend on the smbios.plist you are using)?

Are you using GraphicsEnabler?

Do you have the option for extended display in your display settings or video mirroring only (that could depend on the smbios.plist you are using)?

Yes i'm using GraphicsEnabler=Yes (bootloader Chimera 1.5.4)

In the option monitor, i have only two tab, Monitor and Color.....

the smbios.plist is a MacbookPro 8,1

Lenovo G570 - VGA - HDMI connection..

Yes i'm using GraphicsEnabler=Yes (bootloader Chimera 1.5.4)

In the option monitor, i have only two tab, Monitor and Color.....

the smbios.plist is a MacbookPro 8,1

Lenovo G570 - VGA - HDMI connection..

Can you boot without GraphicsEnabler? Maybe that makes any difference.

Do you see any difference if you plug in VGA before and after you boot?

Have you activated dual display in your bios (could be something like "both" in display setting)?