[Tutorial] Almost Retail OS X 10.7.1 HP Envy 15 11xx and other Envy users!

Komano

2 members have voted

1. 1. Did you manage to follow this Guide and get Lion Installed?

• Yes
    • No

32 posts in this topic

Using HDMI out during sleep works on the external display, but the internal display is still black. I can only get the computer to sleep by clicking sleep. Closing the lid does not make it go to sleep, but opening the lid will wake the laptop up and you will be able to use the external display only. Also when connected through HDMI out, the external display is extremely scrambled, but when I sleep and wake it up the external display becomes perfect.

Hope I can find a way to get the internal display to work after wake.

Have you been able to get sleep working? Also the graphics is sometimes fuzzy looking and sometimes the screen is completely black and it takes a few reboots to get it working properly.

Using HDMI out during sleep works on the external display, but the internal display is still black. I can only get the computer to sleep by clicking sleep. Closing the lid does not make it go to sleep, but opening the lid will wake the laptop up and you will be able to use the external display only. Also when connected through HDMI out, the external display is extremely scrambled, but when I sleep and wake it up the external display becomes perfect.

Hope I can find a way to get the internal display to work after wake.

Not too sure about sleep. Haven't touched OS X in awhile and am intending to go and reinstall it on my laptop today and see if i can get any more progress done. I mentioned that there is an issue with the Graphics Driver. However, i can't pinpoint the problem as i don't have adequate skills. I've tried solving the problem by modifying the framebuffer and stuff but that doesn't seem to help. You have no idea how many hours i've spent trying to get Graphics working. :S

EDIT: I also found out that my guide had a minor error and have since edited. Anyone else with the Envy and has issues with installing please do post here. We need more Envy users! :P

EDIT 2: Interesting. This is my own guide and i can't seem to get it to work. lmao. Weird. The Installation for Lion stops at a white screen with the loading cursor. Gonna see if i can fix it.

EDIT 3: Nevermind. Been too long away from OS X that there are a few kinks i would need to remind. Now to solve why the hell am i getting USB errors when the DSDT is supposed to solve it.

Well you have done an excellent job on getting lion to work the hp envy 15 so far. The graphics driver is not enabling the internal screen after wake and I was thinking maybe we could inject the EDID into the DSDT, but I have no idea on how to do that lol.

It's funny that you should get usb errors, when I have had none during the whole lion install process.

Also are you able to get three finger swipe and press with the trackpad, I tried the synaptics kexts, they only enable 2 finger scrolling and tapping. Oh well maybe I am just asking too much. Haha

I pretty much just want sleep to work so I can use osx more often when I don't have the power adapter.

Sorry, but your envy is the third generation envy. Therefore, the included bios file will not work on the the third generation envys. You could try to install Lion without a modded bios file and see how it works. I think since you have the integrated intel graphics you should be able to use GraphicsEnabler = Yes, but I haven't tried it.

• 2 weeks later...