DSDT not working on P5QL PRO, please help

W.Ben

36 posts in this topic

Yes, org.chameleon.Boot.plist of course, sorry. My fingers still type com.apple.Boot.plist by themselves.

Your Boot.plist is weird. I have never seen one without a kernel key in it. I wonder if it's working at all. Maybe Chameleon on your USB flash drive is really using the contents of an /Extra folder on your hard drive.

Try placing these in /extra and let me know what happens.

Ben.zip

The smbios.plist uses the MacPro3,1 model identifier which is ideal for your hardware. It has an incorrect serial number, you can make an authentic one following this guide: http://prasys.info/2009/11/understanding-mac-serial-number/

Actually you already had fakesmc installed, there's a message from it in your very first screenshot.

So, I've placed the smbios.plist and the org.chameleon.boot.list on the extra folder of the hard drive and flash drive in case it only loads in either place and this is what happened. It still kernel panics unfortunately :blink:

Tried with just -v

imag0272d.jpg

Then tried with -v -f

imag0274k.jpg

Sorry for the orientation of the image, I guess my phone is acting up again :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I got an ide to sata adapter now i installed it and made sure i disabled the marvell ide controller and is still doesn't work :( I have tried with the old ide kexts removed but still doesn't work any idea what could caused this kernel panic?

I have tried booting with -v

imag0276ob.jpg

Since the the screen above doesn't seem that much helpful I have then tried with -v -f

imag0275ie.jpg

I thought there it might be the on board sound's problem, so I disabled it and tried boot but it still doesn't work. I'm confused :) shouldn't it work OOB since im running it off sata, which should mean that it running of my ich10 chipset.

Sorry to bother again

Thanks in advanced

Your kernel panic is exactly the same as it was before so.. unfortunately it is probably not related to your drives or SATA controllers.

I suspected this because you said earlier that you were able to boot before with the a PATA drive on the Marvell controller.

I really don't know what is going on. Maybe you should just bite the bullet and reinstall.

If you have Windows installed, you can install the Apple Bootcamp drivers (a bit messy, installs loads of {censored} that you won't need, but it's free) or MacDrive. This will give you read/write access to your OS X partition so that you can back up your data.

• 4 weeks later...

Once again I installed a clean copy of Snow Leopard used Mirgration Assistant to restore my backup and got it back up in running just with a few problems. The sound doesn't seem to work and on 'About my mac" it says my cpu is running at 3.17ghz when it meant to be running a 2.4ghz.

Despite the minor problems everything went fine. Now I'm trying to install Mac OS X Lion using the boot disk method by restoring the installation image inside the installation app to a 8gb partition. But when I tried to boot it I got kernel panic within like 5 seconds any idea whats the problem here? I even tried -v -f but made no difference. Thanks in advanced.

imag0004xa.jpg

Thanks in advanced,

smbios.plist in /Extra ? what model is it faking ?

UseKernelCache=No or Yes ?

arch=i386 ?

i head bad stories of migrationasassin i mean assistant

did u replace the basesystem.dmg ?

dont use nvenabler if it wasnt tested with lion. (i hear it cant run 64 bit some versions)

UseKernelKextCache=No or Yes ?

arch=i386 ?

i head bad stories of migrationasassin i mean assistant

dont use nvenabler if it wasnt tested with lion. (i hear it cant run 64 bit some versions)

smbios.plist is in /Extra folder, believe it was faking a Mac Pro 3,1 as a user made on for me couple of posts back in this thread.

UseKernelKextCache=No or Yes ?

I don't know what's "UseKernelKextCache"

arch=i386 ?

Yep, it arch=x86_64 as said from most people i heard lion must run in 64bit mode i think

didn't replace basesystem.dmg as I heard that most people said there's no need for it they could just boot it.

I sure nvenabler isnt loaded because im booting off a flash drive containing just the bootloader no kexts besides FakeSMC.