How to copy Hackintosh Directory

2 posts in this topic

I used the iDeneb distro to install leopard. It appears to be the most stable on my laptop as I have managed to update it to 10.5.8.

I tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and its combo update to 10.5.3, but when I followed the guide I was using it cocked up using software update as it tried to go straight to 10.5.8. I reinstalled and tried using the 10.5.4 combo update, no luck there.

Anyway, I tried the Boot132 method to install Snow Leopard but that failed, so then I was going to try this guide but I don't want to lost my current stable state. Could I somehow copy my Macintosh HD Directory onto another disk, then if it doesn't work, boot to that, or simply copy it back so there is no need to change the bootloader.

I have installed Windows 7, Ubuntu and Fedora too and would appreciate these not being lost either

I used the iDeneb distro to install leopard. It appears to be the most stable on my laptop as I have managed to update it to 10.5.8.

I tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and its combo update to 10.5.3, but when I followed the guide I was using it cocked up using software update as it tried to go straight to 10.5.8. I reinstalled and tried using the 10.5.4 combo update, no luck there.

Anyway, I tried the Boot132 method to install Snow Leopard but that failed, so then I was going to try this guide but I don't want to lost my current stable state. Could I somehow copy my Macintosh HD Directory onto another disk, then if it doesn't work, boot to that, or simply copy it back so there is no need to change the bootloader.

I have installed Windows 7, Ubuntu and Fedora too and would appreciate these not being lost either

did u tried time machine for backing up ,i think its a good one because u can restore the backup from the 1st installation screen if anything went wrong ,there are more types but unfortunately i don't have a much of exp with that ,anyway google is ur friend ,be patient and think different.