Installation On Dell Studio 1735

furrabbit.nh

2 posts in this topic

Hi im new here, been browsing generally on here for a week or 2 and decided i might give osx86 a try, ive tried searching and not come up with anything specific. I was wondering if anyone has tried a version of osx86 on a dell studio 1735 and what are the results, whats working whats not etc. Specs are below.

CORE2DUO T5800 2.0GHZ

8GB DDR2 PC2-6400

x2 320gb hard drives raid0

ati radeon mobility hd3650 gpu

dell 1510 wireless i think

as for the camera and bluetooth i dont mind if they dont work. Just wondered if anyone can shed some light for me or tell me which version i would be best off trying to install. Thanks in advance

I have the 1535(15.4" version of 1735) as seen in my signature with X3100 graphics and a T5800 processor. I will be working on a write up this coming week, but I can tell you that I have almost everything working. This includes

* Power management with P-States(SpeedStepping), but not C-states.

* Native resolution and QE/CI with the X3100 plus VGA out (no HDMI)

* Ethernet with the BCM5784M

* Wireless for model BCM4322 - Don't believe the dell card works but i hear you can pick up on of the Broadcom cards for cheap

* Keyboard and Trackpad work with multimedia keys and 2 finger scrolling, except trackpad doesn't work after sleep

* Audio working using VoodooHDA

* Card reader working using the VoodooSDHC driver

* Web cam works out of box without driver modification.

I started from iatkos S3, but i am pretty sure you could achieve the same by retail install methods.

I will reply back to this thread once I have a write up ready. I've tried so many things over time, it would be good to have someone vet the process to make sure I have it all in there.