Kakewalk 4.0 Released!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts
I just tried Kakewalk 4.1.1 and found it the easiest USB drive install I have ever created . Many thanks for this great tool My target system has a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 main board with an Intel I3-2100 CPU and Nvidia GeForce Gt 4300 graphics card. The HDD is a WD 1TB drive partitioned as GPT - 2 500Gb partitions.

The Kakewalk installer booted without a problem and the Lion install ran without a problem. The problem came when I tried to boot the new install - it had a "boot 0" error. If I reboot from the Kakewalk USB install disk and select the new Lion system it boote correctly and the system runs as expected.

Searching now for a solution to the boot 0 error.

Badeendje

Badeendje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
You didn't run the cakewalk utility afterwards in order to install the dsdt + boot loader + extensions.
It is perfectly possible to do it manually but you obviously haven't done either option.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts
Badeendje,

Thanks for the reply.

You are correct, I did not run any other commands after the install. I am a bit confused though. On the target system I boot from the Kakewalk USB stick, open Utilities -> terminal and enter "find / -name cakewalk" and no such utility is found. I also looked on the http://www.kakewalk.se/blog/ site aqnd I find no reference to the cakewalk utility.

Could you provide a pointer for me?

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,143 posts
It's more than likely Kakewalk.

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts
Just to be sure I had it right:

I rebuilt the Kakewalk USB stick, repartitioned the target system HDD, selected a different HDD on the target system and partitioned it as GPT 500Gb and installed OSX Lion. After restart and boot Lion with the Kakewalk USB stick the first post-setup action was to run Kakewalk and update the installation. Same result - boot 0 error.

I also added a work folder to the Kakewalk USB stick and inserted a Chameleon 2 RC5 install package. After restarting from the boot 0 error I ran the Chameleon package. It also has boot 0 errors.

The target system has 3 Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB SATA III Intellipower 64 MB Cache drives. My Linux fedora 16 system has no problem with them but apparently Chameleon does. I will need to look for a solution to that.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,168 posts
Hey BladeRunner
Check this: http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/129/

magnifico

magnifico

Retired

• Donators
  • 2,556 posts
for gigabyte ud7 z68 b3 there is not?

Badeendje

Badeendje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
That sounds alright, but be sure to check out that issue report as it sounds promising

BladeRunner

BladeRunner

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 688 posts
Thanks Blackosx, that was a very interesting read. It at least lets me know I wasn't nuts thinking it was related to my HDD. I am going to give the 4k boot1h thing a try. If that fails I have a spare drive bay in the system and an old sata drive I can try.

Thanks again for all the help.

kantok

kantok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
@blackosx,

Your post is always hit the mark!
Thanks so much!!

Hey BladeRunner
Check this: http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/129/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy