first boot taking forever

edwardgtxy

7 posts in this topic

I have kind of narrowed the problem down to DSMOS has arrived, since it seems there are many people who got stuck after this message.

================================================================================================

I tried using -x -f and got problems with AppleRTC, I was able to pass it by forcing it to run in 32bit mode; however, it still got stuck, without any kernel panic msgs. The last msgs on the screen are::

Resetting IOCatalogue.

HDAEnabler: Copyright © by Kabyl

HDAEnabler: 05/05 2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga

HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga

=======================================================================================

My desktop has already spent 1hr at the spinning wheel, however, hd light is constantly flashing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Edward

My desktop has already spent 1hr at the spinning wheel, however, hd light is constantly flashing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Edward

Upgrade from 10.6.8 takes 5 minutes with blank screen ( scare me) for the first few boots then it's very quick afterward.

Fresh install, first few boots also takes longer then again quick.

I think Lion needs to build new cache.

Upgrade from 10.6.8 takes 5 minutes with blank screen ( scare me) for the first few boots then it's very quick afterward.

Fresh install, first few boots also takes longer then again quick.

I think Lion needs to build new cache.

I rebooted into verbose mode since it has been over 2 hrs and I don't see any kernel panic.

I rebooted into verbose mode since it has been over 2 hrs and I don't see any kernel panic.

I tried using -x -f and got problems with AppleRTC, I was able to pass it by forcing it to run in 32bit mode; however, it still got stuck, without any kernel panic msgs. The last msgs on the screen are::

Resetting IOCatalogue.

HDAEnabler: Copyright © by Kabyl

HDAEnabler: 05/05 2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga

HDAEnabler: 03/07/2009 Compiled for 32/64-bit by Taruga